Author Topic: FS: Adagio Extreme Speakers - External modified x-overs  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Response Audio
FS: Adagio Extreme Speakers - External modified x-overs
« on: November 15, 2010, 12:41:12 PM »
Earlier this year, I received an order for this pair of Extreme Adagio speakers. I was unable to reach him the past couple months. After many phone calls I was able to locate a number for his work.... long story short, his wife called me back and told me he passed away shortly after the order was placed.

After a long conversation with his wife and letting her know why I was trying to reach im, I told her that when I sold the speakers, I would send a check to her. I will NOT be keeping the money for these speakers.

About the speakers:

The speakers were originally a demo pair at my partners location. They are finished in the dark charcoal as can be seen below in the not so great picture (I will take better pictures in the next day or so). Theere are a few imperfection in the paint. There was a chip in one of the back corners. It was repaired but the paint does not match perfectly. Noticable in good lighting.

The crossovers are brand new and have less than 5 hours on them at the time of this writting.

The crossovers are external and are the same crossovers as those in the Extreme Adagio review in The Stereo Times except that these are external crossovers. Here is a link to the review.

http://www.stereotimes.com/speak013008.shtml

Original selling price for new speakers $5,900 / Asking $2,700

Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
Custom Vacuum Tube Deaign
www.ResponseAudioNY.com

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Response Audio
Re: FS: Adagio Extreme Speakers - External modified x-overs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 07:16:19 PM »
Here is a quick shot of the back side. Speak-On connectors are used at both ends of the custom umbilical cord to connect the external crossover to the speaker cabinet for a firm connection.

Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
Custom Vacuum Tube Deaign
www.ResponseAudioNY.com