Author Topic: Labour Day Weekend Sale!  (Read 7512 times)

Black Sand Cable

Labour Day Weekend Sale!
« on: September 03, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »
SALE IS DONE!

I never run sales or market myself to heavy on AN (or any other audio sites for that matter) as I prefer to just come and hang out versus trying to sell people stuff but I have had a few people email me lately asking for another group buy or a deal in general.

Instead of a group buy here is a deal (AN members only) that expires September 6th at Midnight.

I'm giving AN members a chance to purchase the just released Violet ZI MKII at a preferred rate.

SALE IS DONE! Thanks to all who took advantage of it!

Cord can be as short as you like or you can have it up to 6 feet in length for the same price. If you need something past 6 feet, please email or pm me and I will see what I can do.

As an added bonus, anybody who purchases 3 or more cords will receive Oyaide's flagship R1 outlet ($145.00) for a buck!

If you are in the market for new power cords, now would be the time as this is about as good a deal as you are ever going to get out of me!  :D

Questions or comments? Please send me an email or PM versus asking in this thread.

I also have a few demo and trade in cords for those who are looking to go really cheap.

When it comes to payment, money order, Visa and MasterCard are preferred (I hate PayPal). For my fellow Canuck's, please note that taxes will come into play.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:36:01 PM by Black Sand Cable »

Offline Rob S.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Labour Day Weekend Sale!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 10:31:41 AM »
Wow!  Very generous, let me see where I can use a couple of those.

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
Thanks John! Great deal.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »
Sweet deal. Thanks!
I really enjoy listening to music.

evan1

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »
Thanks

What is the difference with the MKII

Offline laserman

• Seeking Help
  • Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »
Hi John,
I checked out the specs on your website and I didn't see a bullet line about these being EMF & RF shielded like your other cables.  Is that a typo or are these non-shielded??

OBTW, thanks for offering such a great deal.   :thumb:

Lou
A musically satisfying system is 50% the components and 50% you.  Until you have a handle on your own "inner sensibilities to sound and music," you are only dealing with half of the equation.

evan1

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
Hi John,
I checked out the specs on your website and I didn't see a bullet line about these being EMF & RF shielded like your other cables.  Is that a typo or are these non-shielded??

Lou

Am I blind ?
where did you see info on the MKII version?

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »
Thanks

What is the difference with the MKII

I can't say them all as there are way too many copy cats when it comes to power cords these days but the big ones are:

- MKII is using 6Nu Copper
 - Strand count has also been increased
 - We are now cryo treating the Copper (raw spool / post polishing) prior to the polyolefin insulation, Teflon wrap and final polyolefin jacket going on
 - We are now using Furutech Nano fluid throughout the cord

.....and I'm officially walking on the dark side these days as the cord even incorporates some tourmaline with an artificially increased aluminum percentage.

I also just completed a very generic looking ferrite filter that incorporates ferrite, tourmaline and quartz that I'm testing as I type this. If all goes well, it will be incorporated into the cord (Male end) this weekend.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
Hi John,

Lou

Hey Lou,

They are lightly shielded but I don't go to extremes when it comes to shielding.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »
Hi John,

Lou

Am I blind ?
where did you see info on the MKII version?

Not blind......VZI MKII is not on the site. I'm just rolling it out so you guys are going to be some of the first to get them.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 06:48:37 AM »
Very nice deal indeed!   Given the changes in cable design, what you are hearing?   

Offline laserman

• Seeking Help
  • Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 07:05:18 AM »
Hi Evan,

No you are not blind.  I was referring to the current model.  It was interesting that John made reference to shielding on the other cables but not on the Violet Z1.  Regardless, John posted they are lightly shielded.  It is a great sale.

Lou
A musically satisfying system is 50% the components and 50% you.  Until you have a handle on your own "inner sensibilities to sound and music," you are only dealing with half of the equation.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 12:52:48 PM »
Very nice deal indeed!   Given the changes in cable design, what you are hearing?  

I'm bias so my viewpoint is worthless for the most part but I like the cord and would have no issue running it against anything out there regardless of price. Will it work in every system? That I cant answer but I have no problem in saying that the cord will hold its own against all comers. I sent out the first few incarnations to a group of beta testers and after roughly 5 different versions, the cord is now complete. It has the transparency and detail that everybody liked with the original Violet but I'm getting a much better bottom end now. The cord is also dead quiet which is another thing I'm very happy about.

The VZI and VZII will be discontinued shortly and the VZI MKII will replace them both.

This cord has been tested on everything from digital gear to large mono block amplifiers with good results. Everything is of course system dependent but this cord should work on anything out there.

I'm also looking at dropping the price of the cord as my buying power has gotten stronger over the years and as a result, I'm now buying better. I'm still working on the numbers but so far it looks like I may be able to pull it off. Funny thing is that a few people have warned me not to lower the price as the cord wont be taken seriously. I get where they are coming from and actually agree but at the same time, I would like to keep the prices fair.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:54:32 PM by Black Sand Cable »

lonewolfny42

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 02:58:20 PM »
You might also call this a "birthday sale" John...... :beer:

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 03:16:42 PM »
I'm also looking at dropping the price of the cord as my buying power has gotten stronger over the years and as a result, I'm now buying better. I'm still working on the numbers but so far it looks like I may be able to pull it off. Funny thing is that a few people have warned me not to lower the price as the cord wont be taken seriously. I get where they are coming from and actually agree but at the same time, I would like to keep the prices fair.

Hah!  Do what others do - increase the price dramatically and then sell it on A'gon to lowest bidders  :rofl:

Seriously, John, you've already made Black Sand a highly credible name and your cables speak for themselves.  A lower price may allow you to better distinguish between the Violet and the Silver Ref.  Speaking of the Silver Ref - any changes on that front - in design or price?   With the changes in the Violet, where would you recommend one over the other?

And, yes!  Happy B'Day!!