Author Topic: AV 123 Special  (Read 5233 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
AV 123 Special
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »
I'm not affiliated in any way but just needed to share this amazing deal. Limited time only. I just don't know how he can pull this off at this price:

http://www.av123.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=122&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: AV 123 Special
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
  Thanks Bob. good find.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 01:48:09 PM »
Hmm, I'm getting a "page not found" on that link.   Anybody else getting it or have they already run out?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »
It was working earlier, now 404.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 07:11:42 AM »
Looks like they pulled the special. It's not on their specials page anmore. Probably too many takers.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:36:26 AM »
I just don't know how he can pull this off at this price:

Offshore manufacturing.........

I know a gentleman who owns a speaker company and he just switched his manufacturing off shore and he is now getting towers built for next to nothing. They were being manufactured in the UK but now that he has gone the offshore route, according to him he has slashed his costs in half.....and then some.

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »
true about offshore manufacturing... but the weak dollar, inflation, and increased container rates for sea travel are making it less of the deal it was a few years ago even.

In this instance, I think it's merely a case of blowing stock out of the warehouse at a loss to clear it out and recoup some of the investment.  They couldn't have been selling all that well.  I think a lot of their specials are in that same vein. 

I don't know all the history, but reading a few posts it appears they got into trouble earlier in the year and are just getting their funding under control again. 
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 01:15:12 PM »
Trouble at AV123?  That's an understatement.  People prepaying for speakers 2-3 years ago, money kept, no product, then price increases to get what you paid for before?

Not something I'd even get anywhere near.  Just my 2 cents

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 03:38:09 PM »
Thanks Bryan. With the mid pointing up without a reflector it is a seriously flawed design. Pity the people who bought when he was proud of them.