Author Topic: Damnation!  (Read 9937 times)

shep

Damnation!
« on: February 22, 2007, 02:00:47 PM »
I bought this really nice computer desk today on sale at a furniture outlet: a slab of black glass on a black steel rod type tressel. Got it all assembled, in place, loaded up with my nice silver computer ware and wouldn't you know, the f..ing cordless optical mouse doesn't work! I have to use a piece of paper or find an old mouse pad. What a bummer, spoiles the whole effect and I loved having a mouse that worked perfectly everywhere before without any constraint. I just didn't think that an optical mouse needs an opaque surface to work.

miklorsmith

Damnation!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 02:05:43 PM »
I never would have thought of that.  Could you tape a black piece of paper under the glass?  Then it wouldn't lose the cool glass effect.

shep

Damnation!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »
further damnation. No that doesn't work either. The optical sensor needs a "bounce to tell it what to do. I guess the beam just gets scattered in the glass and there's no feedback. Oh well, I'll look for some sexy black sheet of something.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Damnation!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 05:27:11 PM »
Try it on your leg - seriously.  It's terribly comfortable and most will read the weave in your pants.

Now, if you're naked... well let's not go there  :oops:

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Dougie085

Re: Damnation!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 01:52:39 PM »
Tape a black piece of construction paper or something tag board to the desk...not perfect but better then nothing. Or find a sleek cool looking mouse pad.