Author Topic: Zu Audio - 12 Days of Christmas Sale  (Read 5734 times)

miklorsmith

Zu Audio - 12 Days of Christmas Sale
« on: December 04, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
Starting December 12:

http://www.zuaudio.com/

Awesome stuff from great guys, no affiliation just a many-times-over satisfied user.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Zu Audio - 12 Days of Christmas Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 06:52:05 AM »
Any experience on just how big a sale it might be?    I'd already been thinking about the special pricing on the Mk1.9s.   If they drop the price any further resistance may be futile  :drool:

miklorsmith

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 08:15:23 AM »
They have done this before, at least once that I remember.  I believe the deals were pretty fantastic that time.  I imagine Zu will want to go out of the "direct sales" business with a bang, but that's pure speculation.

How they can be making a dime on the 1.9s now is beyond me.  How they could reduce the price . . . ?  Who knows, maybe. 

FB101

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
I would not expect the 1.9 to go much lower but they had the Def 2 at $6000 for Black Friday... so who knows.

When they did it 3 years ago most prices where 50% off - I got my Varials, Ibis and Geddes that time.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 03:08:41 PM »
Actually, I just got an email from them indicating that the Mk1.9 are already on sale and would not go lower.   I didn't realize the Def 2 were available that low on Black Friday.    Hmmm...

Dotsystem

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:33:10 PM »
I thought the Def 2s were $6,600 on Black Friday - a bargain at either price. I spoke with Adam today and he did not think prices would be any lower than on Black Friday.

Who knows what a dealer network will do to prices. In these parts, it is tough for a company to get product into the bricks and mortar places without an established distributor.

Bob

Offline mca

• Certifiable
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
As I recall, everything was 40% off on black Friday. I know the Presence were $4800. They took a bit off the already low price of the Definition 1.9, but not a whole lot. That day was pure torture for a guy with no money  :?
Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
It's back!  They didn't have a Black Friday this year, but they are having their 12 Days of Christmas Sale again starting tomorrow December 10th.  

Check it out... www.zuaudio.com
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:06:19 PM by mdconnelly »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
Good find Mike!  How much do you think they will want for Def2 this year?

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »
I've never heard their speakers but have always been curious given the amount of praise I've seen for them.  I do like the look of the Presence.  Has anyone here spent much time with any of the Zu speakers?

No money left, but a guy can dream, can't he?  :drool:

I think their last year Black Friday sale was huge but the Christmas sale was not quite at the same level.  Who knows what they'll do this year.  Given the 60 day eval period, it is tempting... hmm, gotta go play the lottery...

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
From a marketing perspective I really like the 12 Days of Christmas idea.

I have never had a sale but I may have to give this one some thought as I think it's a great idea.