Author Topic: SCORE!!!  (Read 3550 times)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
SCORE!!!
« on: August 07, 2008, 04:27:29 PM »
I just received a new set of powered monitors (M-Audio BX5a deluxe)...to use as computer speakers  8)!

Picked these up on eBay for a decent savings...and they sound pretty damn good  :drool:...certainly better than the $10 plastic mini-speakers that come with computers.

Now as I am FINALLY ripping some cd's to hard disc...I can really hear how they are going to sound.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:29:34 PM by stereofool »
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Black Sand Cable

Re: SCORE!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 05:51:21 PM »
Nice!

How do you have them hooked up to your computer? I thought they were XLR only thus the reason for my question.

Offline stereofool

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 05:59:33 PM »
They have both XLR and 1/4" inputs...and they come with a set of cables that have XLR's on one end, and 1/4" plugs on the other. SO...I'm using 1/4" female to RCA male adaptors...then running an 1/8" mini-plug to RCA connectors...from the sound card.

Nothing fancy and they sound amazingly good...of course not as good as my main system...but for $180...not too shabby.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »
CooL! Now you can start mastering CDs. Those are some fine little monitors.

Offline stereofool

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 06:34:58 PM »
Steve