Author Topic: My stash has arrived!  (Read 1682 times)

Offline malloy

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • no grave concern for repercussion
My stash has arrived!
« on: June 01, 2021, 10:22:55 PM »
The past year has not been very good to my cd collecting hobby, as my main source of cheap cds are either closed (the local friends of the library) or just reopening (thrift stores).

This has opened up a very dangerous situation for me as I've been forced to look for my record collecting fix online - specifically Mercari and Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie (Verve Japan). - Finally, I have my own copy! This has 3 bonus tracks not in the original. Not the XRCD , though, but still very good.

Various out of print cds from Hitomi Shimatani. First pressing cds that have extra tracks. The What's Jazz? is a jazz album from Japanese singer, pianist Akiko. Very nice jazz rendition of the Love Theme from Spartacus with a trio.

A long out of print single LP 亜麻色の髪の乙女; The Maiden with Flaxen Hair.

The LP even has a picture.

Keiko - Lantana - A special album with cd, blu-ray and a 7 inch vinyl! Could not pass it up. Very nice packaging from the Japanese, as always.

It looks like a box of chocolates, but it's the LP!

Very nice packaging from the Japanese, as always.

Lastly, I managed to score a version 1 of Oyaide's PA-02 rca. This is the one that still has PCOCC. Very good, almost unused condition. Compared to the budget/pro-sumer NEO line, this one has better connectors. Gold plated brass plugs with hollow center conductors.

Sounds brighter than the orange Oyaide NEOs that are using 102 SSC copper. Better detail retrieval overall. Don't know if these are broken in already, they look almost new.

Paul

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: My stash has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 11:49:49 PM »
The past year has not been very good to my cd collecting hobby, as my main source of cheap cds are either closed (the local friends of the library) or just reopening (thrift stores).

This has opened up a very dangerous situation for me as I've been forced to look for my record collecting fix online - specifically Mercari and Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie (Verve Japan). - Finally, I have my own copy! This has 3 bonus tracks not in the original. Not the XRCD , though, but still very good.

Various out of print cds from Hitomi Shimatani. First pressing cds that have extra tracks. The What's Jazz? is a jazz album from Japanese singer, pianist Akiko. Very nice jazz rendition of the Love Theme from Spartacus with a trio.

A long out of print single LP 亜麻色の髪の乙女; The Maiden with Flaxen Hair.

The LP even has a picture.

Keiko - Lantana - A special album with cd, blu-ray and a 7 inch vinyl! Could not pass it up. Very nice packaging from the Japanese, as always.

It looks like a box of chocolates, but it's the LP!

Very nice packaging from the Japanese, as always.

Lastly, I managed to score a version 1 of Oyaide's PA-02 rca. This is the one that still has PCOCC. Very good, almost unused condition. Compared to the budget/pro-sumer NEO line, this one has better connectors. Gold plated brass plugs with hollow center conductors.

Sounds brighter than the orange Oyaide NEOs that are using 102 SSC copper. Better detail retrieval overall. Don't know if these are broken in already, they look almost new.

Paul

Geez, Paul. That is quite a nice haul  :thumb: It seems music is sometimes like a box of chocolates 🍫 Enjoy!
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Folsom

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 10:47:41 AM »
I have to admit I like some Ella Fitzgerald. Also admit I don't know anyone else in the line up there.

Offline malloy

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 10:18:40 PM »

Geez, Paul. That is quite a nice haul  :thumb: It seems music is sometimes like a box of chocolates 🍫 Enjoy!
Nick

I have a 2nd and 3rd stash that I will post about next.  :thumb:
Paul

Offline malloy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 10:21:37 PM »
I have to admit I like some Ella Fitzgerald. Also admit I don't know anyone else in the line up there.

Yeah. This has my favourite rendition of 'Cry Me a River.'

Not surprising about these artists being unfamiliar, very limited exposure here. Not exactly chart topping material in Asia or Japan either.

Paul