Author Topic: Olive Audio Musica  (Read 11854 times)

biglou

Olive Audio Musica
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:18:16 AM »
anyone use a Musica or Opus? if one has a good DAC and doesnt want a super huge hard drive, are there any other advantages to getting the Opus?
thanks

Offline RichardS

• Seeking Help
Re: Olive Audio Musica
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 12:10:48 PM »
I use a Musica (actually two, in different rooms). One is stock and the other has RWA mods (battery PS, digital pulse output transformer, etc.). In both cases, I'm only using the digital out into my DAC/Tact equipment. The main advantage of the Opus is in the upgraded DAC. If you're going into a DAC, it's wasted money, IMO.

The stock Musica makes for a great transport. It held it's own against my Pro-2m. Less extended, but smoother through the mids. I still thought inserting a Genesis Lens in-between helped it, though. Now, with the RWA-modded unit, however, I've sold my Lens. It compares to the elites, at a reasonable price, and I'm addicted to having much of my collection at my fingertips. And one other nice thing, as compared to a squeezebox, is you don't need to use , or even have, a computer. It's stand alone (well, it is a computer). Pretty quiet at my listening seat. Highly recommended as a transport.

biglou

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »
cool. thanks for the info. i'll look into the RWA mods and i plan to get an Altmann DAC so i dont really see a need for the Opus.. cheers

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:35:28 PM »
Their weakness appears to be in the DAC department. As a server and transport hard to beat IMO. We tried the Paradisea, Promitheuss and Theta 5A. All outperformed the DAC section. The Altman should prove very sucessfull. Good luck.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.