Author Topic: JPS  (Read 12143 times)

lonewolfny42

Re: JPS
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »
Do you know why the JPS cables are so good ?

Joe knows what he's doing.... :thumb:

And.....

............................their built in....New York... :rofl:

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 01:07:40 PM »
Shane, maybe let Deton (Mike) in on the Qs, price and performance-wise. Nice to see you back at the keys!

The MSRP price list for all JPS cables is available here:

http://www.jpslabs.com/PDF/JPS_Labs_price.pdf

1M SuperQ RCA interconnects are $399.00 MSRP.

8 foot SuperQ speaker cables are $799.00 MSRP.

Sonically, the SuperQ are much closer to the Super3 than they are the Ultra2.  Joe tells me that the SC3 for a much cheaper price was his design goal for the series. 

JPS is offering special pricing to dealers for the month of September on SuperConductor Q wiring..... just sayin'.....
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »
I agree with Rich - JPS dramatically reduces cable churn.  Many thanks to Joe and Shane for getting the word out and letting us prove to ourselves just how good it is.

uhoh... watchout when Shane starts talking about a JPS sale.   While my current JPS ain't going anywhere there are still a few wires left in my rig that aren't JPS... gotta do something about that soon.

Offline stereofool

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
Shane, maybe let Deton (Mike) in on the Qs, price and performance-wise. Nice to see you back at the keys!

JPS is offering special pricing to dealers for the month of September on SuperConductor Q wiring..... just sayin'.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :drool: :-k!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
You really have to hear these cables in your system to understand what's happening and whether you like it.  I found the SC3's to be too much of a good thing at one point... It was like a fantasy-land, beyond reality.  But most folks liked this sound better than anything else.  Also the Super Q IC's did something weird in the upper mids that bugged me in my system.. The Super Q SC's had no issues, just transparency... To date, the best SC for the money I've found.  

So, I settled on the Ultraconductors IC's w/ Super Q SC's because they just synergized with the system.  But who knows, maybe I'm due for a comparison to be sure now that my tweeters are replaced and I've put more resistence to them... But everyone who has listened to my system was usually hearing it on the $200 UC2's for the most part.

Oh, the AC+ is a fine power cord, I've heard it do very good things.  I'm not sold on the digital being 'all that' but I know Shane has heard it do well for his system.

Which brings me back to the point, you have to try this stuff on your gear to see if really works for you.  I have to say though, that I have not heard of a more universally accepted improvement as I have with JPS.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 09:04:08 PM »
Darn, we do sound like a bunch of JPS Fan boys!

Ken

And there is nothing wrong with that. The whole Fanboy thing has left a bad taste in people mouth because of the bad behavior certain folks on some of the other boards. There is nothing wrong with talking up a product or company that has done particularly well by you. As a matter of fact I consider it a good thing. Keep in mind these companies earned your loyalty by providing you with an outstanding product or service. This is a well deserved payback for the company involved and a big plus for the rest of us who get insight into another possibly good addition for our own systems. The whole fanboy thing started to leave a bad taste in people's mouths when when people started having no tolerance for opinions other than their own. We here at AN have discussed many times that how an owner perceives the performance of  particular piece in his system is very much a function of personal preference and system synergy in addition to the characteristics of the unit under evaluation. I think we all realize that what we like in our own system very well may not work in somebody else's. And as long as we respect somebody else's right to not like the piece I don't see how advocating for a favorite brand or unit should be looked at as a negative thing. Like everything else in this community, its all about playing nice in the sandbox. :thumb:

By the way, I have to one-up you. I have been a JPS Labs fan since the early 90s. Their forst product was a device called "the Golden Flutes." The flutes were a replacement for the electronic equalizer that Thiel provide with the model 3.5 (although i understand that they made several dozen versions , each optimized for a specific speaker). These things were head and shoulders better tan the stock Thiel units and remain in service to this very day without so much as a single burp. (My son commandeered my 3.5s when I upgraded to CS6s). I recommended the flutes t several other Thiel 3.5 owners and have never heard anything but raves about them.

http://www.jpslabs.com/golden.shtml

So I have been singing the (well deserved) praises of JPS for almost 20 years now. :drool:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:23:49 PM by tmazz »
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 05:22:24 AM »
Those are cool. Thanks for the link Tom. I never knew about those. Yeah, Joe is a swell guy too.

Offline Rob S.

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »
Look what showed up yesterday.  yet another JPS purchase, the AC inwall cable....  I asked my 5yr old daughter Katie to hold the cable for the picture.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 10:30:46 AM »
Does she know that she is holding her college education in her hands? Or just more of Daddy's stereo crap.

Pretty in red!!

I hate you.

Offline Rob S.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »
yep, she has no clue her college choices have now dwindled to state schools and community colleges.  Now my 7yr old and 15 yr old both think it's more stereo crap.  Both of them pepper me with questions like- I thought you already had cables? what's this do? what's wrong with the other one? etc.   Oh, and I dodge the How much question all the time.   I'm forgetful.

Rob
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »
That's cuz your wife doesn't give you enough grief, the boys have to make up for it...

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »
Red hot goodness!  Glad you got it goin' on, Rob.. Hope you get a chance to fish those into the system this weekend!  I'm interested to hear how it improves your sound.  I think I know what you'll get but I'm interested to know regardless. 
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 07:15:28 AM »
Rob so how did the wire work out ? Details for the fan base.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 08:37:34 PM »
Look what showed up yesterday.  yet another JPS purchase, the AC inwall cable....  I asked my 5yr old daughter Katie to hold the cable for the picture.

Rob, did you ever get a chance to run in this cable?

If so, do you have any thoughts to share?
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 04:58:25 AM »
Rob,
Is that a Music Reference rm 200 in the background?
I had one for a stretch...very nice amp :thumb:
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.