Author Topic: JPS  (Read 12128 times)

Bigfish8

JPS
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:36:41 PM »
Hey Mike:

We are all just JPS Fan Boys over here!  Just kidding, I think. :duh

Carl:

Thanks for having the vision to create this place!

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
JPS
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:58:19 PM »
I would love to try JPS stuff!
I heard a sc3 IC once and really liked what I heard.
Would love to hear it in my system.

I asked my "reviewer "friend about the JPS stuff and he never heard it either :duhI figured he knew what the Alluminati stuff sounded like but alas no.

Maybe oneday for   a rave

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
JPS
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »
Not to thread-jack, but yes, you REALLY need to try the JPS stuff.  It's truly something special.  Interconnects are out of this world. Haven't tried the speaker cables but am very happy with what I have (HT Pro 9) and haven't tried the power cords (have all of Paul's Kaplan cables).  The interconnects are absolutely, without a doubt the best thing that has been in my system bar none.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
JPS
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »
Tara, be afraid, be very afraid.   :rofl:

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
JPS
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:10 AM »
A big group hug to all AN'ers. I luv you guys (cough).

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
JPS
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 06:47:52 AM »
Tara, be afraid, be very afraid.   :rofl:

Is that my cue to rub my hands together and go "Bwahahahahaha" ?      :rofl:  :)
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline mfsoa

JPS
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 09:54:56 AM »
You damn JPS fanboys got me into a pr of SC-Qs (which are great) and clued me into what it's like to deal with Shane.

So Thanks!  :thumb:

-Mike

Deton Nation

JPS
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 10:21:53 AM »
JPS cables are uber pricey no? Wheres the poor mans JPS!

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
JPS
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 10:31:07 AM »
I have Ultra Conductor 2's that are just fine... At their full price are worth it.. at a discount are a great value.  I have the Super-Q speaker cables and have never wanted for more.
The SC3 IC's are the best IC I've ever heard at any price... and are a bit pricey.  But, not in comparison to other really high-end IC's.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline hometheaterdoc

JPS
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 10:31:50 AM »
The really good JPS cables do cost a few dollars, but it's relative.  They have different levels of cables at different price points.  The entry level UltraConductor2 series is comparable to other companies modest priced offerings.  

1M RCA interconnects are $199.00 MSRP.  

8 foot pair of speaker cables are $299.00 MSRP.  

Is the Ultra2 stuff as good as SuperConductor 3 or Aluminata?  No, but it still gives you a taste of the JPS alloy conductors at a fraction of the price and is very good sounding stuff.  

and now I'll stop threadjacking and sounding like a sales guy trying to push stuff on folks.  All kidding aside, I hope folks that have met me know and can attest that I'm not the pushy sales guy type trying to sell snake oil.  I legitimately love the stuff and just want to share the discovery. 

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:35:50 AM by hometheaterdoc »
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

lonewolfny42

JPS
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 10:38:30 AM »
If you were at Rollo's Rave (Charles) last month....when he switched IC's on the outdoor system....to the JPS IC's....you did hear a difference for the better. :thumb:

lonewolfny42

JPS
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
Carl:

Thanks for having the vision to create this place!

+1 on Ken's comment....thanks Carl... :beer:

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: JPS
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 10:57:24 AM »
I split the topic so the original, and very important ;) topic can continue on track. Whenever anybody says the magic word JPS, it just takes over. That's a good thing...   aa

I own JPS too, and I want more. They are excellent. They are a good value because they cure wire churn. Alumiloy eliminates any desire to upgrade.  One small victory.  8)

Sonically, they are transparent, and they remove copper ringing. Having listened to it forever, you don't hear the copper ring until it is removed. Silver rings too.

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »
I hear and read so little about the Superconductor Qs that Shane sold me (for a great price - I forget now how much).

For many of us, we can spend a bit more than the entry level but it's a stretch for the SC-3s so it seems like the SC-Qs are in the sweet-spot. But everyone has their own priorities, this is just how I see mine.

Shane, maybe let Deton (Mike) in on the Qs, price and performance-wise. Nice to see you back at the keys!

-Mike

Bigfish8

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 12:23:11 PM »
Darn, we do sound like a bunch of JPS Fan boys! :rofl: 

Yes, all of the local guys owe a great deal of thanks to Shane for introducing us to JPS.  I remember the first G2G I attended nearly 3 years ago at Rich's and Shane brought over JPS cables.  We were actually comparing speaker cables using Rich's Manley Snappers, Shane's Oracle Transport/Dac (now Mike's) and my SP Tech Timepieces.  You know the result:  JPS Cables were judged to be the best at the gathering.  Little did many of us know Shane had planted the seeds of cable desire in our minds that night!  Afterwards, one by one we began converting to JPS Cables and Shane never made a sales pitch.  He just kept bringing those magical wires to G2Gs and they hooked us.  :duh

I have the SC-3 ICs and SC-3 SCs in my system.  When I think of making improvements to the system I never wonder if I should do anything about the wires.  :thumb:

How is that for a Fan Boy Post?

Ken