Author Topic: Nordost Odin Supreme Ref  (Read 6994 times)

Black Sand Cable

Nordost Odin Supreme Ref
« on: July 04, 2010, 12:48:28 PM »
I really need to start making ic's and digital cables!

The one in the link below went for $7K. That is a lot of cash for a one meter cable.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cabldgtl&1283271208

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: Nordost Odin Supreme Ref
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »
If you think that is sick check out the rest of the thing this guy is selling.

How about a used set of 4M speaker cables for $22K!!!   :roll:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablspkr&1283269192

These cables were purchased in 2009 for $38K. That's a $16,000 drop in value in one year.   :shock:
For 2 pieces of wire?????

Sorry but I just have a hard time wrapping my head around those kind of numbers.  :duh
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »
Yeah,  but look at that nice box they come in.
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »
Yeah,  but look at that nice box they come in.

Wow, I didn't notice the box. That makes it much better.  :roll:  :lol:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 07:40:49 AM »
  This is the kind of ammo that stirs up the cable debate. However some buy them. I guess money is not an issue for some. Even so it is just a bit over the top. I wonder how many cables they actually have sold.
  What would be a hoot to know is the actual cost to Nordost of said cable.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 07:57:57 AM »
What I have to ask - does anyone ever pays close to retail on products in this price range?    I could easily imagine that someone was able to buy them new at 60% of retail price and then sell them for what 'appears' to be a great price when, in fact, making a tidy profit.

That's all pure conjecture but I wouldn't be at all surprised... :-k

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 09:19:30 AM »
What I have to ask - does anyone ever pays close to retail on products in this price range?    I could easily imagine that someone was able to buy them new at 60% of retail price and then sell them for what 'appears' to be a great price when, in fact, making a tidy profit.

That's all pure conjecture but I wouldn't be at all surprised... :-k

True enough. When it comes to power cords specifically, I have noticed more than a few on Audiogon who are selling power cords for $5K and up but they never seem to actually sell for anywhere near that. If they have a dealer network the selling price seems to be even lower. The M.S.R.P. is meaningless other than it's being used to set a starting point and its also being used to create a false sense of greatness for the product in question.

I know of one well known power cord guy in particular who is looking for around $2500.00 per cord and is actively selling them behind the scenes for around $500.00 to anybody who asks directly. In these cases I feel for the people who buy at or near retail. Nothing wrong with giving people a deal but if you can sell at $500.00 and are happy with it, why list at 5 X that in the first place? False sense of greatness perhaps?

At the end of the day I guess you have to have money to burn. If that is the case, $7K on a digital cable maybe isn't such a big deal. From looking at the system that guy has, I'm thinking $7K is nothing more than lunch money anyway.

Must be nice.....

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »

Regardless of the price of Nordost fantasy wires, I think the above statement is still very true!  :thumb:
Rich

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »

Regardless of the price of Nordost fantasy wires, I think the above statement is still very true!  :thumb:
Rich

One day.....maybe.

As you know Rich I have been playing around with a few designs for a few years now but I have yet to come up with something to go to market with. I'm still working on it but it's a long process.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 10:28:25 AM »

Rich

One day.....maybe.

As you know Rich I have been playing around with a few designs for a few years now but I have yet to come up with something to go to market with. I'm still working on it but it's a long process.

We would certainly be interested in your work. We appreciate your knowledge and input.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.