Author Topic: JPS thoughts?  (Read 26091 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: JPS thoughts?
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2009, 07:50:46 AM »
The verdict is in . Well Dr Frankansteen [Shane] I hate you. Yes hate you. It is near impossible to return these cables. The A  LU  MIN  A  TA is from another planet. Superman actually. I tried my reference cables loaded with Kryptonite but the A  LU  MIN  A  TA  was unaffected. Even though not the best match for my amps [ too much capacitance] the sound except for the bass was so sensuous and full it was heaven. But but $7500. I hate you.
   Now the SC-3 ICs are IMO the best sounding cable ever to grace my system. Everything one could ask for. I still hate you. I need a new cart and a pair of 211s. NOT cables. But oh no the cables are killing me. Freaken cables already. This is not hi fi any longer, its MUSIC.
   These cables are worse than heroin. Addicted from the first moment. My nervosa is at its weakest moment. I really really hate you. Your a bad man sending these drugs to us. I"M HOOKED. One good thing I hate needles. Every non cable believer should be made to listen to these cables. I reckon that experience to your first time with a Woman in bed. Your doomed. Next time you send me cables hold the lighting bolts eh, Dr Frankansteen.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Bigfish8

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »
The verdict is in . Well Dr Frankansteen [Shane] I hate you. Yes hate you. It is near impossible to return these cables. The A  LU  MIN  A  TA is from another planet. Superman actually. I tried my reference cables loaded with Kryptonite but the A  LU  MIN  A  TA  was unaffected. Even though not the best match for my amps [ too much capacitance] the sound except for the bass was so sensuous and full it was heaven. But but $7500. I hate you.
   Now the SC-3 ICs are IMO the best sounding cable ever to grace my system. Everything one could ask for. I still hate you. I need a new cart and a pair of 211s. NOT cables. But oh no the cables are killing me. Freaken cables already. This is not hi fi any longer, its MUSIC.
   These cables are worse than heroin. Addicted from the first moment. My nervosa is at its weakest moment. I really really hate you. Your a bad man sending these drugs to us. I"M HOOKED. One good thing I hate needles. Every non cable believer should be made to listen to these cables. I reckon that experience to your first time with a Woman in bed. Your doomed. Next time you send me cables hold the lighting bolts eh, Dr Frankansteen.

charles

Charles,

Shane brought along some of his gear and his JPS cables to the first local, Raleigh area G2G, held by Rich approximately 2 years ago.  As I recall we conducted a speaker wire comparison at that meet using my Timepiece Speakers, Rich's Snapper Amps and Shane's Oracle CD Transport/Preamp Dac Unit.  The JPS cables were voted best and no one in the area except Shane owned any of the JPS Gear.  Well, a short two years later a vast majority of the guys attending the meet now own some JPS Cables.  While Shane is a nasty, devilish salesman :rofl: I have to say in his defense all he has been guilty of is demonstrating his product.  The cables are just so damn good that everyone that tries them hates themselves because they then have to find a way to shave off the grocery bill to buy em! :duh

Enjoy the new cables!  I certainly am loving what these cables have done to my system.

Ken

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »
A sorry attempt at comedy I admit but the cables made me do it. Actually my wife hates you more. She went to your site and I'm doomed. Can't slip crap in now.

charles
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:20:45 PM by rollo »
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
Dang ! I'm in. Buying the 1.5 mtr. SC-3 ICs. Nervosa "1" rollo "0". :duh nope :D/ yes

charles

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
Evil?  Me?  Bwahahahah!!!  I'm not evil!  Bwahahahaha!  :)

I've never sold a JPS Labs cable.  I don't have to.  It does a fantastic job of selling itself without any involvement from me.  I just let folks borrow it and listen.  I'm not a pressure kind of person.  If you like it, great.  If you don't, oh well.....  The key is actually getting to listen to it.  No amount of commentary in a review or online will be a substitute for just giving it a whirl in your system.  There are synergy issues to be concerned about.  But more often than not, regardless of the gear it's hooked up to, it's going to shine. 

If only more people knew about the cable or actually tried it in their systems.  Once you borrow it, the chances are pretty good you'll understand what I experience when I play the cable in my own system... it just flat out makes music in a way that dozens upon dozens of other brands have never been able to do for me...

Shane
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2009, 09:07:23 AM »
Evil?  Me?  Bwahahahah!!!  I'm not evil!  Bwahahahaha!  :)

I've never sold a JPS Labs cable.  I don't have to.  It does a fantastic job of selling itself without any involvement from me.  I just let folks borrow it and listen.  I'm not a pressure kind of person.  If you like it, great.  If you don't, oh well.....  The key is actually getting to listen to it.  No amount of commentary in a review or online will be a substitute for just giving it a whirl in your system.  There are synergy issues to be concerned about.  But more often than not, regardless of the gear it's hooked up to, it's going to shine. 

If only more people knew about the cable or actually tried it in their systems.  Once you borrow it, the chances are pretty good you'll understand what I experience when I play the cable in my own system... it just flat out makes music in a way that dozens upon dozens of other brands have never been able to do for me...

Shane

Agreed 100%.  Shane I do believe most people are aware of this cable . However the cost of entry is the problem. At list price for a system its a tough nut to swallow for most.  For me it would have been over $10,000 for the proper lengths for cabling. Bummer.
  Saying that these are must have cables. So if if my advice DO NOT try them unless you can afford them. You will be having nightmares over them. Yes they are that good. Bummer. If I had the scratch all my cabling would be JPS Labs. A no brain er actually. Saving my pennies, later.

charles