Author Topic: JPS thoughts?  (Read 26094 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: JPS thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »
I don't know. I didn't really notice any break in, even cold they were better than AntiCables. I would think 100 hours should get most of it.

Steve had a challenging break in period with his SC3. He's the one to ask.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 07:22:25 PM »
They sound pretty good but it does seem they get a little more relaxed presentation at some point.   It's an 'ease' that comes.. and I don't know when.. but I would think 100 hrs is enough personally.  The SC3's I had for my G2G were mostly brand new... and I could tell they had that sound to them.. but I had to give them back. :(  So, I don't know but I think 100hrs is enough to start really listening.
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 12:33:40 AM »
For me the longest break-in was with the SC3 speaker cables, and that only took 40-50 hrs. The SC3 IC's were sounding good immediately, but (as Carl mentioned) did 'smooth-out' further with more time. I'd say that after 50 hrs you can safely give them a critical listen.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 04:56:41 AM »
Well, been pretty buried and haven't had a ton of time to just sit and listen.  What little I have done has shown the JPS to be a definite step up.  I hope to get in some additional serious listening in the next week or so.

I finally got MY amps back for the Acoustats with a few extra tweeks in them.  He wanted to keep that pair for more experimentation since they bested his personal amps (and I agree that they did - but he couldn't keep them).  So, now I get to try the JPS on 2 systems.  I suspect that they'll really shine on the Korato/Acoustat combo. 

Special thanks again to Shane for letting me borrow these for evaluation.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
After the last G2G at Carl's this past weekend, I'm definitely headed further in the JPS SC3 direction.  Just a matter of money and time to get there.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 11:16:07 AM »
Me too. Incredible wires.

Offline Rob S.

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 12:22:43 PM »
I love mine, and I never thought they would make that much of a difference.  Best cables I've heard (although I haven't done anywhere near the quantity of cable comparisons the regulars here at AN have  :)

For me demo'ing a whole set really did it.  2 pair SC3 IC's, 1pair SC3 speaker cables, AC+ PC, 2 AC+ digital cables, and a nice bargain Ultra conductor II IC for the preamp to sub amp connection.

Can't comment much on break in, they were excellent right from the start.

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of....  First it's pre to amps, then it's source to pre, etc.  That gets expensive in a hurry.

I'm very happy with Paul's power cords and my upstairs system doesn't require speaker cables (direct drive amps in Acoustats).

I'm looking forward to sitting down for a couple of solid evenings of listening - hopefully soon.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Bigfish8

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 04:34:50 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of....  First it's pre to amps, then it's source to pre, etc.  That gets expensive in a hurry.

I'm very happy with Paul's power cords and my upstairs system doesn't require speaker cables (direct drive amps in Acoustats).

I'm looking forward to sitting down for a couple of solid evenings of listening - hopefully soon.

Bryan

Hi Bryan:

I am suffering with the same expense issue!  Unfortunately, once Shane gets you to listen these wonderful cables he has the hook set and all that is left to do is fork over the money!  They are definitely on my must have list but I am going to wait until the budget looks a little better!

Ken

Offline stereofool

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »
Hey Ken,

Have you ever heard any of the JPS cables in your system??

If not, then sometime if we could get schedules to match...I'd be happy to bring over SC3 SC's and IC's(for a few hours)...just for giggles...and (of course) to set the hook a little harder  :twisted:  :rofl:!!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Rob S.

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »
Oh yeah, and Ken:  I could bring over some JPS PC's at the same time, maybe around the time of Shanes GTG.  :lol:  i'm hoping my busy family life will ease up so i can make the 6 hr road trip from WV.

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Bigfish8

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 06:22:27 PM »
Hey Ken,

Have you ever heard any of the JPS cables in your system??

If not, then sometime if we could get schedules to match...I'd be happy to bring over SC3 SC's and IC's(for a few hours)...just for giggles...and (of course) to set the hook a little harder  :twisted:  :rofl:!!

Steve:

The answer is no, I have not yet tried any JPS Cables in my system.  Shane told me he would let me try some but I want to start and at least get some room treatments up before I do any experimentation.  With fiberglass, Good Panels, wood and fabric I think I have a bunch of money invested and have yet to build the first panel.  Shane let me visit his place after leaving Carl's the other night and showed me how he is constructing his panels and bass traps.  Planning to fish this coming weekend and hope to make panels next weekend.  After the project is completed I would like to have you guys over for a listen and gather your advice for the next steps in improving this system/room issues.   

Ken 

Offline stereofool

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »

With fiberglass, Good Panels, wood and fabric I think I have a bunch of money invested and have yet to build the first panel.

Ken 

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...I've yet to even open some of the 703's to let them 'air' out  :duh. TOO many projects, and no time  :roll:.
Steve

Offline richidoo

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »
I've got 24 4x8 FG panels leaning up all over the garage. Frames stacked up in the guest bedroom, brackets screwed to the walls. It's a disaster but someday it will be done, I pray my marriage survives. She almighty can listen to Sugarland and understand why I am so insane.

I wanna be there the day Rob S and stereofool come to the same G2G wielding fistfuls of JPS in both hands! Now there's a picture for a JPS ad. 

Your system is pretty damn good Ken. There's always something better, but you are further down the road than you think. Echo and speaker placement are your challenges - the final frontiers of the experienced audiophile. You are a quick learner!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 08:36:17 PM »
To think  :duh.....for the last few years at RMAF, I've gone to Saturday night dinner with Joe
from JPS (and Stan from Usher), and I have not tried Joe's cables.

They have worked well in the Usher-JPS-Oracle room each year at RMAF.....
.......might be time to give them a spin....and check out their IC's and SC.