Author Topic: Interest in Korato Amp Tour?  (Read 27994 times)

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Interest in Korato Amp Tour?
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:48:33 AM »
Folks.

I have the Korato KTA-100 amp out on the East Coast right now with the Ravers.  It may be out there a couple more weeks pending Mike Fremer's schedule to get it in his system for a week or so. When it's done, if there is interest, I could have it shipped to another location instead of coming back to me if there are other groups that would like to evaluate it.

It's difficult bringing a new brand into North America and I think this is the best way to do it. It's been compared to some very nice amps and held it's own very well.  If you're looking for a solid state amp with a ton of slam, very deep bass,  good imaging, but warmer balance like a tube amp, this may be what you're looking for.

This is the unit that was shown at RMAF last year in the ACI room.  If there is interest along the way in purchasing the unit, we can discuss some very attractive pricing for that particular unit.

Specifics:

100WPC (very conservatively rated)
30W Class A
All discrete
Bipolar outputs
Single Ended inputs only
True dual mono construction (only tied at the IEC inlet)

Let me know.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Interest in Korato Amp Tour?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:24:27 PM »
Sounds like fun  8)
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline Bunky

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »
Hey Brian, I just went on the Korato website and  i was wondering if you had a pair of the KVA 150 dcc tube monoblocks to audition :drool: thanks....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:55:16 PM »
I was thinking about that a few weeks ago when I read about its raving in NY. It sounded so good at RMAF, I would love to hear it at home, and have a G2G so others can hear it too. I don't have a date booked yet.
Thanks Bryan!
Rich

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 06:23:26 AM »
Bunky - no, unfortunately, I don't have any of the tube amps in country right now - but the monos were something I was considering getting in for RMAF this year.  I have a personal interest in this.  I wanna play with the KTA-100 on the bottom and the monos on the top of a biamp setup  :shock: :mrgreen: 

Where are you located?  Just trying to figure out logistics.

Let me know what's up Rich.  Any other takers? 

Bryan

Offline richidoo

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 07:03:24 AM »
I will book a party this week, maybe February? or should I wait til March til KTA-100 can come?  I don't want to rush Mr Fremer from his chance to give you your class A rating! He is a decent reviewer. I hope he will print something! That would be AWESOME!!!!

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 07:31:04 AM »
Yeah - that's kind of the only caveat. If he has a shot and wants to listen to it, I hate to rush him.  My guess is that March would be a better idea.  He was supposed to have it this week but had some deadlines to meet.  I'll know more in the next few days.

Bryan

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 08:16:14 AM »
The later, the better for me... 2 months from now I hope to have 'the room' nearing completion... March will be cutting it close... but if it's ready 'enough' I'll be happy to compare it to what I've got... otherwise I'll take a listen at Rich's.
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline Bunky

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »
Bunky - no, unfortunately, I don't have any of the tube amps in country right now - but the monos were something I was considering getting in for RMAF this year.  I have a personal interest in this.  I wanna play with the KTA-100 on the bottom and the monos on the top of a biamp setup  :shock: :mrgreen: 

Where are you located?  Just trying to figure out logistics.

Let me know what's up Rich.  Any other takers? 

Bryan
Hey Brian, I am located in the Maryland Suburbs south of Baltimore. I will pm you with my home adress :D thanks....WCW III
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »
Bunky, I heard it at Bryan's show in Denver with Korato tube preamp, a very nice combo, had a lot of buzz in the hallways. With your 10A it should be fantastic. It is detailed, but very gentle and relaxed. But it's all there to hear, nothing rubbed off. My first class A ss experience, I liked it!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 03:12:06 PM »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »
  I'm in. If it stays around east coast Great. If not can wait. Love tohear it with the Pipedreams.

rollo

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »
No further word on Mr. Fremer so I think I'm going to end the NY tour.  Looks like the next logical stop would be Balitmore and then down to Carolina.  You still in Bunky? 

Where are you Rollo?

Just trying to keep shipping costs down to a minimum.

Bryan

Offline richidoo

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 11:20:15 AM »
I will book a G2G for mid March. Looking forward to hearing it.
Rich

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 05:50:35 AM »
Looks like the Korato will be heding to Rich's place soon.  Looking forward to a few new sets of ears taking  a listen on some different equipment.

Thanks Rich.

Bryan