Author Topic: I.C. Reviews and New (to me) cables  (Read 7444 times)

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: I.C. Reviews and New (to me) cables
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2021, 02:40:51 PM »
I'm confused. Are the Wywires all copper or silver plated copper? There is no mention of the latter on the website. 
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2021, 06:46:18 PM »
I'm confused. Are the Wywires all copper or silver plated copper? There is no mention of the latter on the website.

Rob,
I believe Scott mentioned they are copper. Last night, I also saw a comment on Agon confirming that. I had assumed they were copper with silver plating. So if I’ve got this right, silver is the second in line in price/sound of the interconnects.
Blue…Silver…Platinum and Diamond
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2021, 07:03:58 PM »
  As I said there are better wires than Audio Envy. Just depends on ones budget. I prefer TWL to Wywires in my system. However that is me.

charles

Yes, you’ve said that and for the money, the Audio Envy cables have been nice performers. It was just a bit of a surprise to get this improvement with one pair of the Wywires. What’s interesting as well is how nice the BP SEi dac keeps up. On my wish list, would be to hear a dac like an Aqua, Holo Audio or a SW1X, but that’s not gonna happen. I recently tried finding prices for the Swiss Cables, but couldn’t come up with anything. Was curious what they retail for and are they copper and silver?
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 08:08:34 AM »
  Not inexpensive. Swiss Ref+ for [1] mtr. is $1500 and the Diamond 3K. I use a mix of TWL and Swiss Cables. The Diamond series is silver, no dielectric and shielded.

charles
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 08:11:22 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 11:49:15 AM »
  Not inexpensive. Swiss Ref+ for [1] mtr. is $1500 and the Diamond 3K. I use a mix of TWL and Swiss Cables. The Diamond series is silver, no dielectric and shielded.

charles

Thanks, Charles. I appreciate the information. That’s about what I was guessing/expecting. Have you ever tried much more expensive stuff like Stealth?
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2021, 09:37:48 AM »
 Still have solid silver Stealth speaker cables lying around [ one run each for pos and neg, 4 cables total] Got them Harry Pearson as a gift. I should revisit them as my system then is no where near where it is now. Silver then just exposed all the bad things.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2021, 11:07:44 AM »
Still have solid silver Stealth speaker cables lying around [ one run each for pos and neg, 4 cables total] Got them Harry Pearson as a gift. I should revisit them as my system then is no where near where it is now. Silver then just exposed all the bad things.

charles

If you ever get around to trying the Stealth again, pls post your thoughts. Stealth also reminds me of Skogrand, which I think I saw at CES some years ago. Quite pricey as I recall. Couldn’t find any pricing on them just now.
Listened some more last night to the Wywires Silver…a delightful IC… 🎶
Nick

Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords