Author Topic: Anyone here use Vibrapods?  (Read 18039 times)

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
Re: Anyone here use Vibrapods?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2023, 12:03:00 AM »
I think I've tried at least a dozen different vibration footers over the last 20-30 years and Vibrapods were certainly among them... likely one of the better bang for the buck options.   I also tried a number of things from Herbies Audio Lab and a few home-grown solutions.   

My most recent (and hopefully last) solution is from IsoAcoustics which has resulted in the greatest improvment by far.   I've got their GAIA II footers under my speakers and their OREA Bronze isolaters under my integrated amps.   Definitely pricier than the Vibrapods but I'm certain that the total cost of the IsoAcoustics was less than what I spent on all of the other footers I've tried combined.

+1 on the ISOs

The bargain hunter that I am, use this under my speakers and they work very well

https://a.co/d/1sZViJr

Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2023, 04:39:33 AM »
I think I've tried at least a dozen different vibration footers over the last 20-30 years and Vibrapods were certainly among them... likely one of the better bang for the buck options.   I also tried a number of things from Herbies Audio Lab and a few home-grown solutions.   

My most recent (and hopefully last) solution is from IsoAcoustics which has resulted in the greatest improvment by far.   I've got their GAIA II footers under my speakers and their OREA Bronze isolaters under my integrated amps.   Definitely pricier than the Vibrapods but I'm certain that the total cost of the IsoAcoustics was less than what I spent on all of the other footers I've tried combined.

+1

I'm using GAIA 1. Never tried any other isolation footer though, so I have no basis for comparison as far as isolation footers are concerned.

However I can tell you that the isolation footers are light years better than the stock rubber feet and spikes that came with the speakers that I have. I would never ever use spikes again under any condition.
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html

Offline James Edward

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2023, 05:06:24 AM »

+1 on the ISOs

The bargain hunter that I am, use this under my speakers and they work very well

https://a.co/d/1sZViJr

Me too- I needed/wanted a bit more height, and these did the trick. Look good too.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 11:52:25 AM »
I found these recently...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091MCYJ7Z

they're a very low durometer silicon pad, and at $7.90/dozen, inexpensive enough to be worth a try :thumb:
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline ejk

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 12:24:18 PM »
I found these recently...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091MCYJ7Z

they're a very low durometer silicon pad, and at $7.90/dozen, inexpensive enough to be worth a try :thumb:

Yep I used them under my amp then i switched to the cork and rubber isolation pads. They work well for door knobs also lol

These are the ones I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CB1WPR1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But now us these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076DGD3X2/?coliid=I3R2RRNEIWF8XI&colid=10V9U23RGC4OG&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and this under my amp stand

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RHRXPSF/?coliid=IEXL5FOOHODF7&colid=10V9U23RGC4OG&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it.

No sound difference between any

« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 12:29:15 PM by ejk »
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2023, 01:49:13 PM »
Over the past couple years, I have truly found that certain technologies do not work for all applications. It took us 3 years to find a form of decoupling to quiet down our Harmonia DHT preamp and output stage. We have tried several different materials and combinations. We have found only ONE that works in this particular application to rid the ringing that has been an issue with many DHT preamps. Only One. 
Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline dflee

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 07:34:57 PM »
I’ve tried a lot of different things in tweaking the system.
Too many to discuss with no difference in performance.
Myrtle wood was the first to show improvement. BDR cones
and pucks were next with more improvement. Tried VooDo Iso-pods
and under the pre and cdp made a significant improvement. Now have
thee sets under cdp, pre and amp. While not cheap they aren’t that expensive.
You can try them through the cable company.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline ejk

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2023, 06:14:25 PM »
Yes but you have to add shipping

Just checked and they don't gouge, so still half the price, but not a bank breaker either way ;)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2023, 09:54:29 AM »
  The Gaia footers have measured results. Not cheap but well engineered for their purpose. The best we have ever experienced, period. Not a Dealer for them

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2023, 06:11:35 AM »
  The Gaia footers have measured results. Not cheap but well engineered for their purpose. The best we have ever experienced, period. Not a Dealer for them

charles

I'm curious as to what they measure, is this published anywhere?

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2023, 11:56:54 AM »

charles

I'm curious as to what they measure, is this published anywhere?

I saw them on FB. I believe it is on their website. Was vibration test of some kind.

charles
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:04:56 PM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.