Author Topic: xrcd  (Read 32342 times)

biglou

Re: xrcd
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 04:59:53 PM »
the best i could get was 10% off plus free shipping but we'd need to order greater than 25 discs combined. payment would be made directly to elusive disc (details to follow).
cheers

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 09:05:03 PM »
That's great Tyler, Nice goin!  8)

jrebman

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 08:24:36 AM »
Tyler,

I looked through the entire catalog yesterday and see maybe a dozen or so I'd like right off the bat, but given finances, it will be more like 6 to 8 for me at this point.

In the long term though, there is a whole lot of fantastic jazz and lots of exceptional classical performances in the catalog.

I'm going to have to get a copy of "Jazz at the Pawn Shop" so I can compare it with my 200 gram, 45 RPM vinyl rendition of the same.

One question: is there any difference, in terms of playback equipment needed for the XRCD2 format?

Thanks for doing this,

Jim

WEEZ

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 08:30:36 AM »
Yeah,

Please post the details of how to order, etc.

WEEZ

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 08:52:50 AM »
One question: is there any difference, in terms of playback equipment needed for the XRCD2 format?

Jim, here's a link on the Elusivedisc site that describes XRCD and it's various incarnations... no special equipment needed.   

http://www.elusivedisc.com/xrcdinfo.asp

biglou

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 09:26:50 AM »
some of my favorite xrcds are on the Three Blind Mice/FIM label. check out the Yamamoto Trio stuff, its pretty killer and very well recorded. also, the Jazz at the Pawnshop is indeed outstanding.
cheers

lonewolfny42

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 10:07:59 AM »
The Three Blind Mice recordings are very good...very well recorded. I have older copies, but I have heard the newer XRCD's....they did an excellent job.  8)

lonewolfny42

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 10:32:34 AM »
I'm not nuts about browsing randomly through titles... but I'd be very interested in buying at least a couple.  Why couldn't they break it down a bit?  If anyone sees any good acoustic rock, let me know.
-Carl
Sorta Rock...more blues...but good acoustic....

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SFSXR5039

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 11:19:20 AM »
Thanks, Wolfy... checked out her tunes, even on the PC I can tell it would sound very nice. 
I browsed all 17 pages and I'd be in for a few... likely 3 or 4...
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

biglou

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 08:53:15 PM »
some not so great news: bob is requesting one order without shipping to multiple addresses. i would be willing to take the shipment and then ship at cost via usps. that would still be cheaper than normal shipping. a single cd via media mail is less than a dollar.... this kinda kills the free shipping aspect. we would still pay him directly/individually. i havent tried to bend him on this but he may be more generous to any larger individual orders. so, i propose we all decide what we want then email or pm me your order, and i negotiate further. if the volume is relatively low, i am willing to accept shipment and then remail, or people can take the 10% and have him ship directly to individuals. hopefully this isnt too complicated. thoughts? suggestions?
cheers
tyler
my email: yskipper@mac.com

biglou

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »
okay. just got word that any individual order of $150 or more will receive 10% off and free shipping. thus, i wouldnt have to be in the middle. not bad, thats somewhere in the realm of 7-8 xrcds. how does that sound?

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 06:25:11 AM »
Nice deal - I don't think I've ever seen them off a 10% discount *and* free shipping.

So when you say, "individual order of $150 or more", do you mean $150 per person or $150 for the full group buy?    I know I've asked this before, but if per person, any chance Bob would include vinyl or other non-XRCD CDs in this deal?   (I'd spend $150 easily but not likely on just XRCDs).

Thanks again!

biglou

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 06:32:08 AM »
any single order (per person) that is 150 or more will get the 10% + free s/h. otherwise its just 10% off.
sorry i made it confusing.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »
I agree with mdconnelly.  For the XRCD's, it would likely be 2-3 pcs.  If other things could be included, $150 wouldn't be hard.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

jrebman

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 09:12:58 AM »
Yup, it wouldn't be hard at all to spend a lot of money at Elusive Disc, or Acoustic Sounds for that matter.

I played my first SACD on my system a week or so ago, and whaddya know -- I liked it :D.  Don't know if I'll be making any major investment in SACD, but if an interesting title shows up now and then, or I come across some interesting used ones, at least I can now play them.

And then there's vinyl...

-- Jim