Author Topic: SAS Audio Labs Reference 11a Preamp Tour  (Read 65856 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: SAS Audio Labs Reference 11a Preamp Tour
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 06:52:22 AM »
If Rich is willing, he and I can audition it in the same timeframe since we're in the same area... I'll play it at my house for a day or 2, then take it to Rich's for the big get-together... then he can ship it the following Monday or Tuesday Aug 27/28 or so...
If you ship it to Chris by Sept 10, that'd give you at least a full week... How's that sound?
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 07:18:07 AM »
Thanks guys.  As usual Carl beats me to it with lightning fast typing fingers - and maybe too much coffee? hehe Seems like the list order will work because Chris gets it by 10th and then Rim can have it as long as he wants and not have to hurry to line up other gear for comparo if he were to get the SAS too soon.

I originally wanted to mail it to Chris because it is a longer distance so I could get the higher shipping, then all the other legs except Mike would be zigzag but short.  But it turns out to have another good reason in the timing, I forgot about the Sept Rave. But thanks for the offer to intercept, Rim! I think shipping around the east and south is not a big difference compared to the trip out west. Anybody for a mca shipping relief fund? throw in a couple bucks for Don to offset shipping to Mike? Just a thought. Maybe I am making more out of it than necessary.

I will send it shortly after my G2G, probably on 27th. I don't need to keep it for a full week. Carl and I can share it over a week or 10 days.

Steve, is it shipped to Bunky yet? :) Thanks
Rich

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 07:36:28 AM »
Not to be bound to a deadline would be nice, but I think I can work with the Labor Day weekend as well (I get more time off to listen).  So, send it to me whenever you two are done.  Thanks, BTW, for all these tours. 
I am a nut.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 07:53:33 AM »
Not to be bound to a deadline would be nice, but I think I can work with the Labor Day weekend as well (I get more time off to listen).  So, send it to me whenever you two are done.  Thanks, BTW, for all these tours. 

Yeah, thanks Carl for popping for this one!!

OK then the order is

Bunky (should receive soon)
Carlman (Please arrive 8/20ish for G2G on 25th)
Richidoo (ship on 8/27)
Woodsyi
LonewolfNY42 (arrive by ~9/10)
DangerBird
Biglou
WEEZ
mca

Thanks everybody!
Rich

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »
Thanks guys.  As usual Carl beats me to it with lightning fast typing fingers - and maybe too much coffee? hehe Seems like the list order will work because Chris gets it by 10th and then Rim can have it as long as he wants and not have to hurry to line up other gear for comparo if he were to get the SAS too soon.

I originally wanted to mail it to Chris because it is a longer distance so I could get the higher shipping, then all the other legs except Mike would be zigzag but short.  But it turns out to have another good reason in the timing, I forgot about the Sept Rave. But thanks for the offer to intercept, Rim! I think shipping around the east and south is not a big difference compared to the trip out west. Anybody for a mca shipping relief fund? throw in a couple bucks for Don to offset shipping to Mike? Just a thought. Maybe I am making more out of it than necessary.

I will send it shortly after my G2G, probably on 27th. I don't need to keep it for a full week. Carl and I can share it over a week or 10 days.

Steve, is it shipped to Bunky yet? :) Thanks
Rich
Steve Sammet just called me a few minutes ago to tell me that he is going to ship the 11A to me Tomorrow.
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 05:17:33 PM »
woopee!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 07:52:57 PM »
Thanks guys !!!!    :beer:

Offline Bunky

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 01:39:19 PM »
 The SAS 11A has been packed and shipped to me, estimated time of Arrival is on Monday 8/13/07  8)
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline Bunky

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »
I just recieved the SAS Audiolabs 11A line preamplifier from Steve Sammet. it has a brushed gold finish and it looks nice.Lucky me!i just hooked it up to the HRAM Modded stage 3+ JD100A CD player and the Balanced Audio Technology VK 60 Tube amp. i am off of work for a couple of days so i will be able to spend some Quality time with it. :D thanks....WCW III
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:40:52 AM by Bunky »
-- Frank Zappa

Offline Bunky

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2007, 08:14:23 AM »
I just shipped the 11A to Rich at 9:00AM as soon as DHL was open. i insured it for $3000.00 and if all of the stars are in alignment Rich might get it by monday.thanks....WCW III
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2007, 08:27:26 AM »
 :D

WEEZ

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2007, 08:31:40 AM »
Bunky,

Don't forget to start a 'review' thread :). You're first!

WEEZ

Offline richidoo

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 12:11:39 PM »
I have received the preamp in good condition. Looks and sounds beautiful, still just warming up.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 12:45:31 PM by richidoo »

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 01:56:38 PM »
NOW we're SAS-talkin'! ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2007, 03:48:18 PM »
Hi Gents,

It has come to my attention that the 11A has a technical problem. It seems after some period of time, a popping and/or hissing sound is eminating from one channel. It is not the tubes, maybe a resistor gone noisy or other problem. It is being shipped back for inspection and repair. An in depth check should reveal the problem.

I will keep everyone informed here.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers