Author Topic: Are we going to do a Grover Hoffman speaker cable group buy ?  (Read 22838 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Are we going to do a Grover Hoffman speaker cable group buy ?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 03:38:28 PM »
I'm sure the Audio Note speakers are fantastic, but without hearing them I can't imagine them being such a big step up from the Adagios, since they are just so great. Sounds like a good decision.

Those cotton wires have extremely revealing high frequency. Realitys are very well balanced and can probably handle a lot more power without distorting than the smaller ga, single conductor cottons, but that probably may not effect your setup because the Adagios are so easy to drive. With the Legacys I  thought they had trouble in the bass, but the top was so engaging I used them anyway! I was thinking that maybe your ears may be conditioned to high freqs of the cottons.

I have a nice integrated for you. look for PM
Rich

grover

Re: Are we going to do a Grover Hoffman speaker cable group buy ?
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm working hard to get the group buy together. I'm confident you guys, will love these IC's. I do make single speaker cable. It apparently is not well known as I highly recommend bi-wiring speakers if possible. Bi-wiring speakers is superior because you can use a heavy gauge cable (that is necessary) to drive the lowest frequencies, and lesser gauge cable to drive the mids and highs. This eliminates the compromises inherent with a single speaker cable. The need for a large gauge cable to pass the lowest notes high current influences the mids and highs negatively. The heavy guage slows and closes in the critical midrange and high frequencies. That said my single speaker cable is a special cable composed of multiple custom ribbons of varying gauge of fine copper and silver. My patent pending design enables pathways for the various frequencies via the separate sections designed for the three main frequency groups. This is like 3 separate cables designed for differing frequencies combined in one single cable.