Author Topic: Grover Interconnect Demo Tour  (Read 45009 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Grover Interconnect Demo Tour
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:17:16 AM »
Welcome to AudioNervosa's first ever demo tour! Thanks to Grover Huffman for loaning 2 pairs his newest specification interconnect cables for demo to the AN community, in support of the current Grover Cables Group Buy.

Read the tour guidelines and sign up here to hear Grover's ICs in your own system!

Carl and I were working in parallel on this so you may have noticed this tour evolve into current form in posts scattered in different forums. Carl has created a new Forum just for Tours and Auditions, so this is now the official thread for the Grover IC demo tour, and all posts regarding the tour should be made in this thread. Sorry for any confusion. Post your reviews in the Cranioelectro Stimulation cable section. The review thread will start soon as the cables are just getting heard now! :)

This tour bus can seat only 20 participants. That will keep the tour short so we can place the big order and receive our cables asap. Those of you who are at the front of the bus will be pulling your hair out waiting for others to finish listening before we can place the order. That's because after you hear them you will want them NOW!

The list of participants on the bus at this time are:
jrebman
AcidJazz
bobrex
Woodsyi
gjkphd  
Nick B

I regret that international AN members are not eligible for this first  tour for a few reasons. Senders in US don't want to pay customs or deal with foreign shipping services if the cables are lost. Adding foreign stops will significantly slow the tour and delay the placing of the group buy order. The AN demo tour program is evolving fast and foreign tour stops may be possible in future tours. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The bus departs this Saturday, April 14. Hope to see you there!
Rich
[/b]

shep

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:36:18 AM »
That's what I get for living in France! Relying on senior ears!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:31:40 AM »
Due to popular demand, the tour has been extended to allow more time at each stop. 1 day is not enough for most people, and you will want to keep these installed in your system as along as possible!! I am not joking! It is addictive! Please keep them for 1-3 days or so and then pass it along.

The following people are signed up for the tour:
jrebman
bobrex
AcidJazz
Woodsyi
gjkphd

Others who have mentioned interest in hearing the cables in the original GB post but have not sent in their shipping info yet:
miklorsmith
Tom S
bpape
shrinkmore
duke

I'm continuing the tour signup until Sunday to make sure everybody is in, then I will mail them on Monday. I will not add more stops to the tour after it starts. After everybody signs up I will post the end date and GB order date. You can sign up here.
Thanks everybody!
Rich

shep

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 12:03:04 PM »
So we're looking at something like a month before everyone has posted their impressions and we can start the orders? Not sure I can wait that long! Once the itch takes hold...still, I have an old Straight Wire Maestro on loan that sounds very good so maybe I can rein in my impatience :wink:

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 01:04:28 PM »
Good point shep! I just posted the answer on the GB thread!   :D

Rich

lonewolfny42

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »
Don't forget about the "directional arrow" on the IC's..... :wink:

shep

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »
How could we! isn't that the first thing we look for??? :D

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 11:49:31 AM »
Good point Chris, yup there is an arrow on them, but it's not very conspicuous. I didn't notice it until half way done with them. I didn't notice any difference, they sounded good whichever way. It is so well hidden, it might just be a decoration? Grover? What do you say? Are they directional? Am I high-end naive to even suggest a decent cable could NOT be directional?  :lol:

OK, the cables are finally shipped. It was really tough to disconnect them this morning. Why do you think I delayed for the weekend?

I sent them Priority Mail to duke first. Insured $300. Should get there by Wednesday. Delivery Confirmation Number (pseudo Tracking) is: 03063030000299287345
Check it here
Shipping and Insurance was about $10 for 1 pound 5 oz with a big Priority Mailing box. Some post offices stock these, but you can order some online for free.

I put a sheet in the package with the addresses in shipping order. Might save a little postage.  This is the order of shipping:
duke - CT
AcidJazz - NY
bobrex - PA
Woodsyi - DC
Gjkphd - FL
jrebman - CO
NickB - UT
richidoo - NC

With 3 days per stop, plus shipping time, the tour should finish up around June 1, then we'll place the 2nd order. Have fun with the cables! I know you will! They are very nice :)

Now I gotta write my review.
Rich

jrebman

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 02:20:46 PM »
Can I ask a favor of whoever ships them to me?  I see the current order, but I don't know if it will change if Mike, Tom or whoever might join on -- if that is even possible at this point.

A fairly simple request: please wrap a small rubber band around the source end of each cable so I know which end is which -- I know I'm not going to want to wait for my fiancee to get home from work to give them a listen.

Man do I wish I had my vinyl rig setup! :-)

-- Jim

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 01:29:18 PM »
FYI... There are fairly large and obvious direction arrows affixed to the cables by Grover.
I really enjoy listening to music.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 03:44:01 PM »
Quote from: "Carlman"
FYI... There are fairly large and obvious direction arrows affixed to the cables by Grover.
Carl....Jim/jrebman has a sight problem...thats why he mentioned the rubber band.

jrebman

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 06:17:28 PM »
Quote from: "Carlman"

Now if they were only tactile or in braille I'd be in business :-)
8)

-- Jim

Offline richidoo

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 06:29:50 PM »
As I remember it, the arrow marking is on a piece of shrink tube located a few inches from the end of the cable at the amp end.  But a rubber band is much better idea than relying on my memory. Good idea!

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 08:43:31 AM »
Doh!  I knew that.. so not so obvious after all! Thanks for cooperating on the tour.

Hope you all enjoy the cables.

-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

jrebman

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 08:54:35 AM »
Carl,

No problem -- you probably can't tell from my writing :-)

I just got 2 new pairs of Gregg Straley's latest and greatest ICs, so I'll be able to compare them with the Grovers, and the Anti-ICs --  the three most popular high-performance, reasonably priced cables out there.

-- Jim