Author Topic: Grover Huffman IC Group Buy  (Read 70556 times)

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
Grover Huffman IC Group Buy
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 07:17:30 AM »
If Grover says that the latest iteration of his IC is at least as good as the ultimate that is described here, http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=47670&highlight=grover I may take the plunge if we get to 35% again.  :lol:  Since I actively triamp and run many sources, I use a lot of ICs.  :evil:
I am a nut.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 09:09:19 AM »
Rim....What IC's are you using now ? Thanks......

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 09:43:13 AM »
Quote from: "lonewolfny42"
Rim....What IC's are you using now ? Thanks......

Chris,

I have 7 pairs (2 at 2m and 5 at 1m) of illume.  http://www.rscables.com/page4.html
I am a nut.

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
latest Grover S IC cables
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 12:20:51 PM »
Grover e-mailed me today that he is still working on the cables [latest iteration Grover S ICs] and he's made some changes in the silver content of the conductors. "Sounding way better." He also said to give him a couple weeks to finalize the cables.

Hopefully he will finalize them before the April 20th close of the group buy.

[/quote]

grover

grover cable
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »
Hi Guys, I'd like to assure you that my S cables are finalized. I have been working on a new higher silver content connector. This new connector will be on all Grover S RCA cables, supplied to you. I'm dedicated to providing the finest cables around, and am looking forward to your impressions. I am willing to answer any questions about my cables asked here in this forum. It is my sincere belief you will be most satisfied, and pleased. Later after this buy, we can discuss speaker cable, if you wish.  My cables are all personally fabricated. There is total quality control right down to the custom conductor ribbons I personally press and polish.

shep

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 03:14:17 PM »
I haven't a clue any more what I'm buying :shock: but I'm still in!

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 03:38:11 PM »
I certainly can't provide an in-depth experience...however, at Richidoo's G2G this past Sunday...we did a quick comparison between Straley IC's and a pair of Grover's IC's (supplied by Carlman).

The difference was immediate...with the Grover's revealing more information all across the spectrum.

So...I figure with that one experience, it's worth giving them a try  :wink: !
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Mr_bill2

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »
Quote from: "shep"

ROTFL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: !!

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 04:39:40 PM »
Quote from: "shep"

Hey, it worked out with the opamp, so why not a set of cables?

Mike L

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »
I may be in as well.  However, I will probably wait until the date gets closer and we actually figure out what the hell we are buying. :lol:

Thanks,
Mike

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 07:35:08 PM »
Any guess how long it will take to turn all these around with a big group buy like this?  

From what I read, it seems like he gets swamped pretty quickly, being a one person show and all.  I certainly appreciate that he wants to get them right the first time.
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

lonewolfny42

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 08:51:13 PM »
Thanks to the kindness of DU/Jim and Grover, I've been burning in a pair of Grover IC's (like the one in the above photo I posted) for about a week. They have continued to sound better each day. Over the next few days, along with 3 different amps (SS, Tube,Digital), a cdp, and speakers...I'll compare them to a few other IC's I own....Ridge Street, Reality, Zu, VH Audio.
What I hear now....lots of detail, good bass....very open sounding. At first they did sound bright, and a little closed in....but their burning in nicely....with more control. Even at this point....at the group buy price...its a "best buy"....REALLY !! 8)

Chris

grover

grover cable
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2007, 06:28:01 AM »
The new connectors take the cables to a much higher level. No one but me has the new connectors. Soon you guys will. Wait till you hear these.

Double Ugly

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2007, 07:25:43 AM »
Quote from: "lonewolfny42"
Thanks to the kindness of DU/Jim and Grover, I've been burning in a pair of Grover IC's (like the one in the above photo I posted) for about a week. They have continued to sound better each day.
That's pretty much what I experienced, Chris.  I was definitely less than impressed the first few days, but they really opened up and smoothed out over the course of a week or so.  The comparison with my Indra proved the Indra still reigns, but from a technical standpoint (tonal accuracy, etc.), it was much closer than I had anticipated.

Good cables IMO, especially for the price.  Glad you like 'em.

-Jim

lonewolfny42

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2007, 09:04:21 AM »
Lets keep this in mind.....Stealth Audio Indra - component retail: $5,750/1m/pr ......... :roll:

(Did you get these at Walmart..... :lol: .....just kidding.....)