Author Topic: "music scan terminated unexpectedly" SqueezeCenter 7.4.1 and 7.4.2  (Read 38871 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: "music scan terminated unexpectedly" SqueezeCenter 7.4.1 and 7.4.2
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2010, 10:00:21 AM »
 :thumb:

Back in the music....

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »
That works out great since the fellas at the Slim bug fix-it center have told me to contact the support department.  :duh
Apparenty they've determined it's not worthy of "bug status".

It'll be interesting to see how the boys in the support department are going to address this.  Keep us posted! 

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2010, 01:36:48 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how the boys in the support department are going to address this.  Keep us posted! 
Nope. I'm officially out of the debugging biz. I've gone far enough. I've spent waaaaay too much time jacking with this. Enough time I've neglected the wife's projects, my projects, and projects for other people. Time to get on with life.  :rofl:

Thanks again for all the support guys. I truly appreciate it.

Bob

Music-in-a-Jag

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2010, 02:17:16 PM »
Hi Guys, I had the same problem, but since I have made a couple of changes, my scan now is always 100% complete, 31,476 songs in 3,208 albums taking 3min 59 secs.

I used to get the errors and a stopped scan the same as you are, my filing system was this, L drive/Music/ then the folders i.e Led Zeppelin then sub folders of each album by Led Zep. L:Music/Led Zeppelin/Houses of the Holy

Now, when my system used to terminate during a scan, I went to the name of the directory (Led Zeppelin) and found a music track inside the Led Zeppelin folder along with all of the album sub directories. I deleted or moved the file out of the parent directory and into another sub directory with other music files (if I wanted to keep it).

I re-ran the scan and it went past Led Zeppelin only to hang at another folder, again when I looked in here I found a stray track, so I moved this and voila, it went past on the next scan.

Conclusion (for me anyway) I checked that I had NO individual music files in directories on the way down to the final directory and now my system is perfect, this may not be the answer for all of you, I KNOW it fixed mine, so good luck with yours !!!!!

Kind regards, Nick

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2010, 04:57:41 PM »
Wow!  How in the world are you getting it to scan 3208 albums in 4 minutes?   Are they flac, mp3?  Or, do you just have a seriously high horse-powered PC running Squeezebox Server?

I've got about a third of the albums you do (all in flac) and it takes at least 15 minutes to fully scan the entire music tree.  My music is organized much like yours.

FWIW, I'm running v7.5.1 and it's working like a charm!  I should be receiving my Touch tomorrow - can't wait to see how it sounds compared to my Duet which, I suspect, will soon be seeing a demotion to kitchen duty.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2010, 06:04:45 PM »
Welcome to AN....

Luv your avatar Jag! XJ-S convertible was once my favorite car, saw it first at 1980 Boston car show, navy blue gorgeous with V12. The last real jag.  :(  
Do you drive it?

Looking fwd to your Touch review Mike!