Author Topic: Grover Huffman "SCdot" interconnect Group Buy status…  (Read 4944 times)

Wellfed

Grover Huffman "SCdot" interconnect Group Buy status…
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:52:48 AM »
A group buy for Grover Huffman's SCdot interconnects that was expected to follow the speaker cable purchase was mentioned on March 23rd.

The Group Buy ends at midnight on Tuesday, April 21. That's 4 weeks, so spread the word!
A group buy featuring Grover's "SCdot" interconnect cables will follow after the speaker cables.

Anyone here know if this offer is still being planned?  If so, when?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:00:25 AM by Wellfed »

shep

Re: Grover Huffman "SCdot" interconnect Group Buy status…
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 01:03:10 AM »
This seems to have gotten pushed aside. Maybe Grover is too busy or the powers-that-be are relishing life in their basements and having great get-togethers, eating and drinking and comparing their latest toys :duh
Some of us, like me, were fast off the mark, and having already gotten in on the last group buy, were able to upgrade their IC's to the latest version for the very reasonable price Grover offered. I'm awaiting for the speaker cables to be sorted out and hear from others what's what with that. I can personally recommend the latest inter-connect although I don't have anything equivalent to compare it to and given how subjective this is and system dependent, I offer this with the usual grain of salt.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Grover Huffman "SCdot" interconnect Group Buy status…
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 04:41:23 AM »
I was going to host the Grover group buys as I did in the past. Grover wanted to do the Speaker cable buy first. He sent 2 different speaker cable samples to Carolina for the local group to sample at G2G and talk about them online in support of the GB. Neither made a positive impression at either G2G, so the GB has withered without the excitement of previous GBs. The reason for the G2G is to audition the wires so AN members don't get ripped off in a GB. I withdrew as host of the GB due to personal time considerations a couple months after the GB started and no more orders coming in. Grover will always be a friend of AN, and he is welcome to host a GB on AN like any other member vendor, and any member is welcome to assist Grover in running a GB. Any takers?