Author Topic: Grover Huffman "SCdot" Speaker Cable Group Buy  (Read 26868 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Grover Huffman "SCdot" Speaker Cable Group Buy
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »
Welcome to the Grover Huffman Speaker Cable Group Buy!

Take advantage of special pricing from Grover on his newest "SC." (SCdot) speaker cables in this AudioNervosa group buy. Grover has never offered discounts on speaker cables before, so a big thanks to Grover from AudioNervosa. Only AudioNervosa members are eligible, so register today and join the fun.

The Group Buy ends at midnight on Tuesday, April 21. That's 4 weeks, so spread the word!
A group buy featuring Grover's "SCdot" interconnect cables will follow after the speaker cables.

6 common configurations are pre-calculated:
ModelList15% discount (1-5)    20% discount (6-10)    30% discount (11+)   
Single 6ft      240.00    204.00192.00168.00
Single 8ft      320.00    272.00256.00224.00
Single 10ft      480.00    408.00384.00336.00
Biwire 6ft      450.00    382.50360.00315.00
Biwire 8ft      600.00    510.00480.00420.00
Biwire 10ft      750.00    637.50600.00525.00

Custom lengths are possible. Calculate the list price at $40/ft single, or $75/ft biwire. Please (pretty please) triple check your math and write your specification extremely carefully. Then sleep on it and proofread again in the morning. Grover will work from what you write in the Notes section, but I have to make sure it makes sense for him. If it becomes difficult for me or Grover, custom lengths will be excluded from the GB.

Biwires count as 1.5 in the tally.  The running tally will be displayed in the next post after this, along with paid buyers' member names. If you don't want your purchase posted, just mention that in the Notes section of your order.

Connectors: Grover recommends using no connectors, just gently clamp the raw ribbon in your amp and speaker posts. Some people prefer the convenience and durability of standard connector termination, so it is available as an option. Choose silver-plated spades or bananas, or any combination. Grover is fanatical about connector quality and sound, so these are probably a good bargain too. Price is $8 per connector installed - that's $96 for 12 connectors per Biwire Set, and $64 for 8 connectors per Single set. To add connectors to your order, just add "w/Spades" or "w/Bananas" to the model name on your order. If you have a special request, like "spades at amp and bananas at speaker," or "spades at amp and no connectors at speaker," then please detail that in the Notes section.
Example:
"1 - Biwire 8ft w/Bananas - $621 "

How to order: Cut and paste the section between the arrows >>> into an Email with subject "SC-GB" 
Send it to 911rich at bellsouth dot com

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
AN member name
Real Name
Shipping address
Shipping City, ST  ZIP+4
Phone number (required)
Email address (required)
------------------------------
Quantity - Model - total price  (Use a separate line for each different model)
Add shipping ($11.00 per cable set to US addresses) Grover will contact int'l buyers via email.
Grand total
Payment method
------------------------------
Any special Notes:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Payment: cash, check, money order or Paypal. Send paypal to 911rich at bellsouth dot com.
PM richidoo for mailing address. If you are a new AN member that I don't know and paying by check, please make your order early, so the others don't have to wait for your check to clear after the GB closes. Please add 4% fee if you use Paypal.

Ecological Statement: To reduce the carbon footprint of this Group Buy, and save an extra leg of shipping cost ;) the cables will be drop-shipped by Grover from CA, USA. Thanks Grover!

There will be no audition tour. Grover is sending a sample set of biwire speaker wires and interconnects on loan to AN in NC. All AN members everywhere are invited to attend one of the listening parties in NC - to be announced. If you can't attend the g2g, check out the banter on the review page for listening impressions and Q&A.

All sales are final. Grover's normal "60 Day Return - No Financial Risk" refund policy does not apply to purchases made in this group buy. No changes after April 21. The cables are warranteed against mfg. defect. If you decide the cables are not to your liking, you will be pleased to find that Grover Huffman wires sell quickly on the used market at the AN group buy price. But please try AN first - keep them in the family!

Please post your questions about the group buy and specific cable questions in this thread. Please post your listening impressions in the review thread.

After the group buy closes, please be patient to allow Grover to build the custom cables. It will be worth the wait!
Thanks and have fun!!
Rich
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 01:31:24 PM by richidoo »

Offline richidoo

Re: Grover Huffman "SCdot" Speaker Cable Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 12:17:13 PM »
Running Tally = 1

:yay2:

Who's in:

Gilles
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:22:36 AM by richidoo »

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 03:33:54 PM »
Rich,

I'll start...put me down for an 8ft single pair...so far. When I get time I might add others (???).
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:23:05 PM »
Some questions for Grover:

• Please explain the differences in construction and performance of single wire vs Biwire.
  • For whom do you recommend Biwire, and for whom is single wire the best choice?
  • Are the conductors still all silver, or other metals now too?
  • Are the standard connection leads round wire, or flat ribbon?
  • Is the carbon nickel shield used in the speaker cable design also?

Thanks!
Rich

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 04:36:31 PM »
If it helps, here's a link to Grover's speaker cable page on his site...

http://www.groverhuffman.com/speakercables

Just enough info to get us drooling  :drool:  but not enough to quench our thirst  :rofl:

Bigfish8

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 06:22:26 PM »
I would like to thank Grover for having another group buy opportunity and also thank Rich for organizing this thing.  The new SCs really have my interest and hope to have the opportunity to hear them before the 21st. of April.

Thanks Again,

Ken

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »
Thanks for the link Mike.
Ken, I'm very interested to hear them too.

Offline mboldda1

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 09:04:46 AM »
for the different discounts, is that the total number of buyers (cables) to receive that discount or would the individual have to purchase that number of cables to get the discount?
Freelance Reviewer For StereoMojo  System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347

Offline stereofool

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure that would be the 'total' of all orders.

Rich will correct me if I'm wrong  #-o!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:46:24 AM »
The discount is based on # cables purchased.. biwires count as 1.5 cables.
-Carl
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:49:21 AM by Carlman »
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »
You got it right, it's the total number of cables ordered by everyone. It should not be too hard to get to 11 cables.

Offline mboldda1

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »
Ok, everybody think 6ft. single pair :)
Freelance Reviewer For StereoMojo  System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 11:09:43 AM »
I don't think they all have to be the same kind - do they Rich?  I think it's just any 11 pair total.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

shep

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 12:13:49 PM »
I want to sign up but will have to wait for $'s to appear. Will want an 8' pair, terminated. Don't count me in/don't count me out!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »
Any combination, any type. One count to count them all. It's so easy!  :D

shep I will pencil you in, then erase it, but leave a trace behind for forensics.  :D