Author Topic: Black Sand Cables Group Buy  (Read 89684 times)

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
Black Sand Cables Group Buy
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
I am hedging just like everybody else  -- put me down for a couple if you get to 35% or more.
I am a nut.

shrinkmore

This may be stupid, but is a first shot.
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 03:53:16 PM »
I haven't read all the posts on this thread yet, so this may have already been resolved - but whatever system we use perhaps should go in the first post???

I will be taking 4-6.  How about for the "hedgers," of which I may be one, we agree on an absolute commitment date and send our checks.  We should all agree to a minimum threhold for purchase, say 25% discount or better to make the purchase, then the people with a lower threshold will help make it happen for those with a higher threshold, and we all win.  This may mean that we have to send a check for the highest dicount threshold amount, e.g., 35%, which will be the smallest amount, then one for the next threshold, which will be relatively small, then one for the next threshold, etc...We could put "35%" on the first check, then the remainder of the checks, which will be 5% each.

Carl, please feel free to shoot this down completely.  It's your deal and we are all very very appreciative! \:D/

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 04:41:04 PM »
Doug, I like your concept.... but I think we could easily have 30% off right now.

If all the hedgers and definites committed for real, we'd bypass the 25% range and shoot to 30%.. I think I counted about 11 or 12 cables that people were interested in so far.  Hell, if you did your 6, that's 25% already.  Just another 7 and we're at 30.  

Is another 5% that important?  (That's like $12 on a Violet or Chromium)

Plus, this is only the first week of the announcement of this group buy.  Response has been great so far.

My thoughts are that if you are interested, just go for it.  If you're waiting for 35% instead of 30, I'd question how serious you were in the first place.  (no offense intended) I'm pretty sure we're going to hit 30 based on the response so far, though.
I really enjoy listening to music.

shrinkmore

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »
Very cool Carl! 8)

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 06:50:37 PM »
it's $25 per cable for every 5% for the ref mk4.  I am just a cheap bargain hunter.  :oops: Can we get to 50%  ?  :D
I am a nut.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 07:19:29 AM »
OK... well so far I've had 1 person send an email to the bscgb@audionervosa.com email address with a commitment.  I've had a couple others in PM, in this thread, etc...

If you are truly interested and ready to commit, please send an email with your name, shipping address, and username to the bscgb@audionervosa.com address so I can keep it organized.

Thanks,
Carl

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 10:16:57 AM »
Update:
We are VERY close to getting 30%.  I'm waiting to hear back from 1 person... and if he's in, we're officially at 30%... I'll post back when I hear.

Thanks,
Carl

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »
OK, a LOT has happened since the last update...

We have approximately (but pretty close) to 24 cables committed.  So, we're definitely at 30% now... and only 6 away from getting 35%.

There are a few folks that don't know exactly which cable or length yet, that's OK, we still have a week left.  

Please just send me an email (to bscgb@audionervosa.com) with your final decision and include:
Cable Type (Silver Ref, Violet, Chromium, Black Max)
Length (1m, 2m, 3m, or the number of inches)
Your name and address

I will reply with the total including discount and shipping.

If you pay with Paypal, you pay the 3% fees.  I prefer MO's.  I will not make the order until I've received everyone's payment.  The group buy ends on March 9th.

Thanks,
Carl

Double Ugly

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 01:38:38 PM »
Given your schedule and workload, the fact that you're also handling the group buy is beyond commendable IMHO.  You've done us a great service in providing this site to begin with, and taking care of the membership in this way is above and beyond.

I have no place for additional cables at the present time, but I offer my thanks nonetheless.  Well done, my friend.

-Jim

shrinkmore

BSC
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »
C'mon Jim, they make handsome bowties!

Double Ugly

Re: BSC
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 02:49:08 PM »
Quote from: "shrinkmore"
C'mon Jim, they make handsome bowties!
They're relatively flexible, but they aren't *that* flexible.  :wink:

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 10:37:15 AM »
OK, we're at 29 cables.  2 more and we're at 35%... OK, Hedger's... here's your wake up call!  Get the Silver Ref if you can afford it... best PC I've ever heard.

-C

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »
Quote from: "Carlman"
OK, we're at 29 cables.  2 more and we're at 35%... OK, Hedger's... here's your wake up call!  Get the Silver Ref if you can afford it... best PC I've ever heard.

-C

Jeeez, I guess I'm going to be a busy boy soon!  :D

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 10:46:22 AM »
Yes.... yes you will.... Better buy some extra purple techflex... lots of violet orders... ;)

Which reminds me... the violet comes in 2 colors now, Black or Violet.....

So, when we get the final discount/pricing together, be sure to include the color in your order.  If not specified, it'll be the same color as the ones pictured on the main page of the BSC site.

Thanks,
Carl

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 10:56:37 AM »
OK, just got an order for 2 Silver Ref's... that's it... we're officially in the 35% range... woo-hoo!!! :) :) :)

If you want to figure out your price based on this discount here's the formula:
Go here: http://www.blacksandcable.com/cords.html
For the length you want, take 35% off.
Add $5 per cable shipping
Add 3% Paypal fees if paying with Paypal

That will give you your total.

I will close the group buy on March 9th.  At that point, I'll need all funds to be sent.  Once ALL payments are received, I'll send the order to John.  

Thanks,
Carl