Author Topic: Black Sand Cables Group Buy  (Read 86157 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Black Sand Cables Group Buy
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:25:39 AM »
John at Black Sand Cable has offered to provide a discount for his cables if we order as a group.

I'll be glad to orchestrate the order, and then distribute all the orders to each person.  I'm trying to keep this as simple for John as possible in hopes of a better discount.  I'm also sending him a T-shirt for our gratitude! :)

I think it's tremendous that John is doing this and I think it's a great opportunity to get his already excellent-value cords at a discount!

So, step up if interested.... and tell your friends.  I'd like to at least gauge interest now and see if we have enough interest to get a dozen cords ordered.  Reply here with questions and email orders to BSCGB@AudioNervosa.com

Thanks,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »
OK, I've gotten the official go-ahead from John and he's offering a GREAT discount on his cables.  If you've EVER been on the fence, now's the time to try these wonderful cables.

I'm very excited about this and hope everyone can benefit from John's generosity.  So... here are the details...
Discounts (on entire group buy quantity)
6 – 12 Cords 25% discount off the posted web-site pricing
13 – 30 Cords 30% discount off the posted web-site pricing
31 – 35 Cords 35% discount off the posted web-site pricing
35+ we will cross this bridge when we get there ;)

Note: You must be a member of AudioNervosa and include your member name if you email me, send Paypal, check, etc.

Payment and Shipping:
Shipping cost is $5 per cable up to 9-foot length.
All orders must be placed and money sent by March 9, 2007.
You can use paypal or a check to me.  

Please contact me by email, BSCGB@audionervosa.com and include your username in the subject and I will reply with payment details.

I will send 1 order to BSC for all orders.  In the US, I will distribute and ship all cables to the people who ordered them.  

Outside the US, the cords will be drop-shipped directly and BSC has offered free shipping in Canada!  (Others please contact me via PM or BSC for actual cost but you will get a 50% discount!)

Once I have received all the cables from BSC, I will send an update and let everyone know that I'll be shipping them.  Please be patient.  This is a 1-month group-buy.  I dragged it out a little because it's fairly rare and I wanted to make sure everyone knew about it.

I will update this thread as new information arises.

Thanks,
Carl

miklorsmith

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 02:15:09 PM »
Smokin'!  Nice work!!   =D>

Double Ugly

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 05:41:31 PM »
I wish you fellas the best of luck w/ the group buy.  I also wish I could help out, but at the moment, about the only place I could put another PC is on my frig.  :lol:

That said, when the time comes that I *do* get another component or build another system (a distinct possibility), all PCs will be Silver Refs.  

John is the man, and his cables are amazing.

If you doubt it, try it.  Only your bank account will regret it.

-Jim

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 04:51:20 PM »
Can't somebody out there please buy about 30 cables, so I can be the 31st at 35 off?  hmmm.. maybe John would take my two Violet Z1's in trade
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 05:01:30 PM »
Well, if you're #1 and there are 30 people after you... you still get the big discount!  Spread the word! :)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 05:07:48 AM »
I would be interested in this group buy.
can we pick and choose what cable we want?
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 05:17:55 AM »
Yes!  Basically you'll send me your order for whatever you want... and I will put them on the big order I send BSC...

I will need the type, size, and color (if applicable) and then your name, address, etc.  I will reply with instructions for sending payment.  I will need payment by early March.

Please contact me by email, BSCGB@Audionervosa.com and include your username in the subject.  That would REALLY help.

Thanks,
Carl

tonyptony

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »
Some clarification, Carl. So if we buy a total of 30 Violets, plus one Silver, that would be 35% off on each of them?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 03:21:27 PM »
That's the way I understood it from John at BSC....  As the size of the order goes up, the amount of the discount goes up.  So, if we get 31 cables total, regardless of which type, there would be a discount of 35% on all of them! :)

I'll send John a PM just to be sure but I'm 99% sure about this.

Thanks,
Carl

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 03:31:43 PM »
Quote from: "Carlman"
That's the way I understood it from John at BSC....  As the size of the order goes up, the amount of the discount goes up.  So, if we get 31 cables total, regardless of which type, there would be a discount of 35% on all of them! :)

I'll send John a PM just to be sure but I'm 99% sure about this.

Thanks,
Carl

I'm not paying any attention to what the actual model of the cord is, only the quantity involved. You guys can mix and match however you like. Doesn’t matter to me at all.

For those looking for a Silver Reference MKV this may be your chance to get a great deal on one. 35% off a Silver Reference MKV would be under what they go for on auction at Audiogon!  :D

maxwalrath

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
Very nice deal....I'll see how many are on the list in early March, probably for 1, possibly for 2.

Offline mca

• Certifiable
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 02:53:46 PM »
I'm in for three. Do we have any other's who have committed?
Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »
With your 3, that makes 9 so far...  not including max or any others who have expressed interest but not committed.

-C

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »
I might be interested in 2 or 3 Silvers, depending on some other sales I have going, but I'd really like to see it get to at least 30 off, preferably 35.  Tom
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra