Author Topic: Ben Folds gets it  (Read 2522 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Ben Folds gets it
« on: February 12, 2009, 05:48:06 PM »
Carlman always complains about the mastering quality of rock albums. As if on cue, favorite Ben Folds is releasing a high quality, minimal compression remix of the album "Way to Normal."

Even better, for the totally anal Ben Folds fan who complains about the slightest degradation of audio quality, it has a 2nd disc full of stems that you can mix together and master yourself. Too bad we don't know anyone like that.  8)

http://www.benfolds.com/news/stems-and-seeds-2-disc-set

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Ben Folds gets it
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »
I really enjoyed his work in Ben Folds 5... up to and including the album called "Whatever and ever Amen"... but solo stuff like "Songs for Silverman" was a real letdown... and I haven't heard this new album.. it just came out.  It's as if he's bitter and whiney just for the sake of being that way.

However, if it's good, that's awesome news about the high quality.  My fear is that it's not good... and nothing's worse than extremely high quality sounding garbage.  I hope I'm wrong.

edit.. just went and listened to the new album... You can here samples here.
Compared to a good album like this one it's not even close... Luckily this album is not bad recording-wise.

-C
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:33:42 PM by Carlman »
I really enjoy listening to music.