Author Topic: Memorial Weekend Retreat  (Read 9249 times)

Offline spudco

• Seeking Help
Memorial Weekend Retreat
« on: May 11, 2008, 07:34:02 AM »
My wife and I have hosted an annual Memorial Day G2G here in central NC at our farm for 16 years.  Over the years, it has morphed from a 4 day 200+ folk dance party to something quite a bit tamer.  This year we expect a couple of dozen folks for the full weekend and about 50-60 folks on Saturday.

We supply the food, drinks and music for the entire weekend.  This year's Saturday meal will be grilled pizza and salads.  We will have 3 different beers from Foothills Brewery and lots of other adult beverages.  Well behaved dogs and children are OK.  Camping is encouraged.

If you are near us, and would like to visit, please send me a message with your phone number and I'll be in touch.

The farm is an amazing place.  It is 73 acres, about half in large woods and the rest in pasture and our homestead.  It is full of all kinds of wildlife.

I designed and build my own home.  It is a modified timber frame and has as much outdoor space (porches, patios) as indoor space. 

We have a 5 acre landscape with both beautiful ornimental gardens and a large vegetable garden.  The plant collection is as good as most public gardens. 

We have several nice outbuildings - a log barn, a tractor shed, a garden shed, a fire wood shed and a small pavillion that are integrated into the gardens.

We have a 3 acre spring fed pond with trophy fishing.  Anyone can catch a giant Bass (6-8 pounds) or Catfish (some are over 25 pounds).  We have a dock with attached gazebo and deck for swimming and canoe and pontoon boats for drifting and fishing.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Memorial Weekend Retreat
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »
Wow, what a great event!  You're my hero, Spud!

My wife and I have already made plans for a camping trip to the mountains but if that falls through, we're there!...

Thanks for the invite!

-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

miklorsmith

Re: Memorial Weekend Retreat
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 02:58:14 PM »
Wow, totally awesome!  I'm on the wrong coast but that sounds like a hoot.