Author Topic: Furutech XLR connects  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
Furutech XLR connects
« on: May 31, 2015, 07:26:15 AM »
So I have these Black Mountain cables in silver. The wire looked good but the connects were lousy neutrik type. Low cost $5 bucks each. I didn't think they sounded bad but i knew there was an upgrade to be had.

So I got their top connects in rhodium and lo and be hold if you take your time you do not need to solder these.

As it turned out I soldered the ground and negative and left the positive un soldered, there is enough room there for to fit in some pencil led to keep it tight. I didn't do that but I still might. I just ran some electrical tape on top of it. But the other leads are soldered and keep the positive leads pushed into the hole.

ive only done the female ends and the bass has tighten up with everything is a bit more relaxed. More resolution on vocals. Can't wait to try the male ends.

Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Furutech XLR connects
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 07:03:50 AM »
 They make an excellent connector. personally a big fan of Furutech products. No nonsense engineered for audio and are affective.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.