Author Topic: OK. So what is the deal on Pandora???  (Read 2865 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
OK. So what is the deal on Pandora???
« on: August 13, 2018, 06:03:31 PM »
I've used the high rez version for a couple of years and don't understand why it doesn't get any press.

Does it suck?

Is it not friendly enough?

Why the blackout on this player?

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: OK. So what is the deal on Pandora???
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 06:20:21 PM »
I've used the high rez version for a couple of years and don't understand why it doesn't get any press.

Does it suck?

Is it not friendly enough?

Why the blackout on this player?

I did not even know that you could sign up for Pandora in High Rez version?  I thought the highest it streamed at was 320k with premium. Any link for signing up in high rez?

I still use Pandora while I am driving.  One of the feature that I like about Pandora is I can create a grouping of all the artist that I like to listen too and it will play those similar/artist.  Doing that allows me to find new artist to try out on Deezer when I am home listening to music.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: OK. So what is the deal on Pandora???
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 08:11:09 PM »
Pandora Premium max resolution is 192kbps.

Pandora was a big deal 10 years ago when music streaming was 1st taking off. Did you miss it Dave?  :D

The kids and cool dudes like Spotify now, because they can share playlists, and they can play anything they want on demand. Pandora can't do either. But it has superior music selection algorithm, imo.