Author Topic: Synergistic Research HFT & FEQ  (Read 42373 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Synergistic Research HFT & FEQ
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 07:15:11 AM »
Jeez, I gots to buy me some machining equipment  :rofl:
[/quot

Yes a CNC machine and about 30 years to get your investment back. Good luck.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Mike B.

• http://www.acmeaudiolabs.com
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 12:26:43 PM »
I have used the DH discs for about 6 years. They are also very good with glass and improving focus. Their ceramic cones are also a good product IMO.
Acme Audio Labs

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »
  Check out the latest Sterophile issue and read Fremers comments. Ordering the ones for my cart.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 09:46:40 AM »
If I used these, would I take the penny off my headshell?  I don't want to introduce any disonant harmonics. ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 08:28:47 PM »
If I used these, would I take the penny off my headshell?  I don't want to introduce any disonant harmonics. ;)

You use a penny??? You must have a much better rig that me. I have to use a nickel. which is of course a big step up from the TT I had in high school that wouldn't track without a quarter.  :rofl:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 05:03:25 AM »
I've tried something similar, and found it to absolutely make a difference/improvement  in the sound of my vinyl. But it wasn;t just a bit of brass.

I DIY'ed a version of the Walker Black Diamond tweak, and stuck a bit of clear quartz to the front of my cartridge with a small dab of crazy glue. Yes, I did a before - after - before - after test, at first when I tried it and then again about 2 months later. There was an absolute difference heard, and an improvement to my ears.

No, it is not simple because you have to realign things like your counterbalance and double check your azimuth and anti-skate.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 07:44:59 AM »
Crystal energy rocks!    ;)

I am not surprised that it has an observable effect on such a delicate electrical signal as LOMC.

I worked at a metaphysical gemstone store in the late 80s. Besides meeting a large number of young, beautiful, idealistic and gullible women, I also saw and heard and experienced for myself of a lot of weird and wonderful things related to the presence of crystals and raw minerals.

I still have my collection of minerals I attracted during that time, and I carry various pieces of stones in my pocket for different special events. I drink fresh vegetable juice that is treated with tourmaline to keep it fresh. I dowse with a small clear quartz crystal pendulum. I have found various and sundry benefits from non-traditional uses of mineral gems.

Based on my experience with particular minerals' effects, I would recommend placing a very small piece of raw tourmaline wand with its striations parallel to a small signal wire, especially low voltage.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 08:07:13 AM »
  Guys the phono thingies are $100 retail for two. As far as the HFTs are concerned three sets does the trick. Yes that would be $900 retail. We do not pay retail. So for me at under $600 i got room treatment and phono treatment.
    They are by design hemholtz resonators. The only issue with Teds' stuff is price. The affect after installation will easily cure that fear or dismay.
    BTW I DO NOT sell them. Group buy ??? I could set that up if enough are interested.

charles

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 10:20:57 AM »
Jeez, I gots to buy me some machining equipment  :rofl:

Dropped by a friends work place. They make custom tools and machinery for the mining industry. Alot of their machining (that was't computer operated) came off a U.S. WW2 battleship. Can't remember which one but the ships name is on all the heavy machinery. Apparently they fix on the go during WW2  :lol:
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Prιcis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 05:41:07 AM »
I've been quite curious about these but not likely to pop at full price.

If a group buy is possible, I'd be interested.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 08:37:15 AM »
The Hawthorne Effect =;
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 07:22:09 AM »
OK have ordered the TT ones. Let ya know how they work out.

charles