Author Topic: USB 3.0  (Read 3049 times)

SuperHornet

USB 3.0
« on: October 28, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »
I noticed early this spring USB 3.0 silica started to come out from the gate.

This brings asynchronous transmission, full duplex, higher current, not counting the theoretical 4.8Gbps transmission rate, which sould be all pluses for bit perfect audio.

I did not look which "new" laptop has USB 3.0, but I can already see there will be a new generation of USB 3.0 DAC around the corner.

Quoc

AcidJazz

Re: USB 3.0
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
My recent build featured a USB3 Gigabyte motherboard. It also has the new Intel on-chip graphics and HD 8channel audio.
Amazing what one can get in computer tech for sooo little money.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:57:25 PM »
I did not look which "new" laptop has USB 3.0, but I can already see there will be a new generation of USB 3.0 DAC around the corner.

Well I think the new lineups of USB DACs are going to have to embrace USB 3.0 if they plan on being able to decode any of the new higher bitrate digital protocols (24/96 etc.)
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Face

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 03:12:44 PM »

Well I think the new lineups of USB DACs are going to have to embrace USB 3.0 if they plan on being able to decode any of the new higher bitrate digital protocols (24/96 etc.)
2.0 can already asynchronously transport 24/192.  Digital coax and optical are also good up to 24/192, non-asynchronous though.