Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Every Little Thing… Power Distribution

(1/2) > >>

James Edward:
Afternoon All,
I’m a firm believer in less is more when it comes to our power strips/blocks, etc. I had been using the Wiremold L10320- https://us.rs-online.com/product/wiremold/l10320/70091760/
It has no LED, switch, surge protection, or circuit breaker. I figure all of these could possibly muck up the power and therefore the sound. LED lights are notorious RFI emitters.

I recently purchased what I figured might be a slightly better alternative- Audio Sensibility power box-
 https://audiosensibility.com/blog/products-2/power-distribution/#!/Impact-SE-Power-Distribution-4-plex/p/49910224/category=2595838
Same idea as the Wiremold, but with better outlets, an ‘audiophile’ power cord, heavier gauge wire, star grounding, and Stillpoints ERS (an RFI/EMI shielding material).
Well I’ll be damned, I believe I got the incremental improvement I was looking for. Just a hair more ‘there’ there. A similar improvement as when I added PI Audio’s UberPuerto duplex outlet. If I had to nail down the most salient difference, I’d go with more detail at low volume listening.
A relatively inexpensive tweak to try at about $US 230.00 for the four outlet model, a six outlet model is available for a little more.

I’m not shilling this particular brand, as a few others make a similar product. But I just wanted to put it out there that these can make a difference. Not a ‘sparks shot out of my butt’ difference, but worth pursuing if you already are content and just want to tweak around the edges.

Nick B:
The improvement you’re describing certainly appears to have been worth the investment. Audio Sensability has a good reputation. I usually don’t hang on to extra cables etc, but I kinda wish I still had that Audio Sensability digital coax I sold a few years ago. The number one enemy for me is noise… Tame that beast and then I’ll be able to make better decisions. That’s why I like Dave’s stuff and then the very low noise equipment that I currently have.

satfrat:
I've been using a couple of this well known power strip for years in conjunction with my UberBuss and BPT Balance Power Conditioner. Much thanks for stirring my fading memory banks.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

HAL:
Now that I am putting the audio room back together, getting the PI Audio Groups BlunderBUSS setup for the system.

Dave did a 24 outlet version for me to run the entire system with multiple amps for a 10 PA system for a line array.  Went to CAF2023 to power that system. 

Also have a DigiBUSS for the front end since all my components are a PC and DSP processor.  Even the Phono section is DSP. :)

P.I.:
Aw, shucks guys!  :rofl:

Noise is the enemy.  Ask any schizophrenic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version