Self Medicating > General DIY

Audio Room V2.0

(1/8) > >>

HAL:
After the water problems in my room are finally fixed, time to start fresh.

Over the last few weeks the drywall has been replaced, the walls painted, the floor and trim replaced.  As of today that is all done.

Bought a few area rugs to use in the rear of the room where my listening chair will be.

Attached before and after pictures.

I have contacted SonitusUSA about their acoustic treatment HT Ultra package after hearing it in another room and had great results.  This is the system for either audio rooms or home theater rooms.  After weeks of waiting still no real response about any timeframe for getting the products.  Their supply is getting affected by the conflict in the Ukraine.

Will start looking at GIK, Aurelex and a few others to get pricing and availability. 

GDHAL:

--- Quote from: HAL on August 09, 2023, 08:06:09 PM ---After the water problems in my room are finally fixed, time to start fresh.

Over the last few weeks the drywall has been replaced, the walls painted, the floor and trim replaced.  As of today that is all done.

Bought a few area rugs to use in the rear of the room where my listening chair will be.

Attached before and after pictures.

I have contacted SonitusUSA about their acoustic treatment HT Ultra package after hearing it in another room and had great results.  This is the system for either audio rooms or home theater rooms.  After weeks of waiting still no real response about any timeframe for getting the products.  Their supply is getting affected by the conflict in the Ukraine.

Will start looking at GIK, Aurelex and a few others to get pricing and availability.

--- End quote ---

Hi Rich (I believe I recall your true name correctly, if not, please correct me) :)

I use GIK acoustic paneling (four CT Alpha Series Corner Bass Traps 2DA, four 4A Alpha Pro Series Bass Trap Diffuser/Absorber 2DA, four 244 Bass Traps). It was relatively recent (a year and a half ago) I purchased them and had them installed. While I'm (now) very happy with the work Mike Major (their acoustician, employee) provided and the results I now have, it wasn't without incident. I spoke with owner Glenn Kuras twice, and both conversations weren't exactly pleasant.

So, look out, cause here comes some free advice (Bob Weir reference  8) :thumb:)

This advice applies specifically if you're purchasing any of their diffuser plates, whether they be attached to an absorption panel or stand-alone. First, reiterate to them that you want it packaged (which by the way you'd already be paying handsomely for) individually and with protective sleeving. Otherwise, expect some damage. If you check other forums, you'll discover this is a common occurrence with their diffuser panels.

Secondly, if aesthetics means anything to you, and with the assumption you would place them on various sides of the room, consider whether or not you want the panels "mirrored". If you do, specify that on your order. Otherwise, hypothetically, you could purchase four panels. Three would look the same, the fourth may not.

Best of luck.

Hal

p.s. if you want additional particulars, just ask.  :) Best of luck with your "new" room.  :D

GDHAL:
By the way, I'd be remiss if I didn't point something out regarding your listening chair.

Based on the photo, it looks to me as though your head, and ears specifically, may not clear the headrest. If your ears do not fully clear the headrest, that will affect your sonic experience/presentation. And perhaps, not in an optimal way.

HAL:
GDHAL,
You have the correct name.

I have seen the plan from GIK and not very happy with their ideas of how to treat the room.  Seems counterproductive to place diffusors over top of absorbers, when all that is needed is a diffusor.  You just pay a lot more and I am sure it makes them happy. 

The SonitusUSA treatments are much reduced and makes more sense to me.

The chairs headrest is all the way down so that my head is over it.  :)

Rich

P.I.:

--- Quote from: HAL on August 10, 2023, 10:51:37 AM ---I have seen the plan from GIK and not very happy with their ideas of how to treat the room.  Seems counterproductive to place diffusors over top of absorbers, when all that is needed is a diffusor.  You just pay a lot more and I am sure it makes them happy. 

The SonitusUSA treatments are much reduced and makes more sense to me.

--- End quote ---
:thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version