Self Medicating > General DIY

passive pre's

<< < (2/2)

gonefishin:
Hi mgalusha,

Did you get the TVC yet?

Which one are you getting?  I had the S&B and was pleased with it's performance...but have since sold it some time ago to buy my deqx-p.  I've also got a sowter but haven't had th time to throw it together.  

Were you happy with the GB-300D or 150 amplifiers?  

take care,
  dan

mgalusha:
Hi Dan,

No I didn't get it. I was going to trade a fellow my pair of GB-300 modules for it but he's decided to wait a while until he has some additional funds for chassis. I don't know which one it was, we didn't get that far. :)

I was never completely happy with the GB-300 modules. I don't think the power supplies were good enough. Part of their appeal was that they were not very sensitive to the power supply. I was going to build new supplies for them but one of the modules failed when I clipped the amp on the test bench and I didn't like them well enough to fix it.

Mike

gonefishin:
Do you still have the modules?  Are they repaired and working?

hmmmm :idea:

thanks,
  dan

mgalusha:
Hi Dan,

I have them and I didn't bother to repair the dead one. I told the person who was interested that I'd hold onto to them for a while as I wasn't looking to sell them. If he changes his mind I let you know.

mike

Mike B.:
I recently built a passive I really like. It is a bit more complicated than just a attenuator, but a very good pre IMO. It is called a Lightspeed and uses LDR opti couplers. A 100K volume control is used but it just varies the current from a 5 volt DC power source to the LED section of the LDR. If you want more info, there is a multi page thread at DIY Audio.com at the solid state forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version