Systemic Development > Speakers

Jupiter Copper Foil Paper and Wax Capacitors

<< < (2/4) > >>

steve:

--- Quote from: rollo on October 10, 2019, 10:39:02 AM ---   Steve I have a pair of 1.0 600V Duelund CAST copper caps sitting here doing squat right now. Switched to hybrid copper silver version foe awhile. Would you like to experiment with them ?

charles
I thought I posted this yesterday however maybe did not click on post.

--- End quote ---

Yes, kind of in between values but I can perform a test and get a feel of the sonics. Right now I am using the Jupiter caps in my Modi 2 mod, with absolutely spectacular results.

I will you a PM with my address.

cheers and thanks Charles.

steve

steve:
I am testing the Mundorf M Supreme capacitor for use in a Modi 2 upgrade. I have also been testing a Jupiter copper foil paper in wax capacitor.

The Jupiter capacitor is a copper paper in wax, 2,2ufd 100 volt with many many hours. The Mundorf capacitor is an M Supreme 3.3uf 600 volt with approximately 50 hours. Although the Jupiter capacitor is smaller in value, the tonal balance is fuller. Right now I would say the Mundorf is more accurate, in absolute terms, than the Jupiter.
However, both are excellent capacitors.

There is a high temperature advantage for the Mundorf as well.

I hope this will help when deciding which capacitor to use to improve their system.

cheers

steve

rollo:

--- Quote from: rollo on October 10, 2019, 10:39:02 AM ---   Steve I have a pair of 1.0 600V Duelund CAST copper caps sitting here doing squat right now. Switched to hybrid copper silver version foe awhile. Would you like to experiment with them ?

charles

--- End quote ---

Steve, SORRY MAN. Just forgot. I ordered a pair of .47 Jupiter PIO to try. Still like to try them ?

charles

rollo:
  Well picked up Beeswax 600V Jupiter caps to use as a coulping cap to the 211 tube in my amp. We shall see I mean hear it soon. Using V-Cap teflon now.

charles

steve:

--- Quote from: rollo on May 16, 2020, 12:58:15 PM ---

charles

--- End quote ---

Steve, SORRY MAN. Just forgot. I ordered a pair of .47 Jupiter PIO to try. Still like to try them ?

charles

--- End quote ---

Hi Charles.

0,47uf are too small to be of any value to me since I use zero global negative feedback in any of my designs.
Of course, there are uses for such values in other areas of the system.

-------------------

General information for newbies in electronic components, especially as coupling and output capacitors in components.

0,47uf value, without feedback, and a following 100k ohm resistor as a load,

one is losing 17% of a 20hz signal,
some 8.5% at 40hz,
some 4.25% at 80hz,
over 2% at 160hz, and
over 1% at 320hz.

Besides lack of punch, it will cause a relationship shift of the fundamental and harmonics of instruments etc from 
the mids down through the lower regions.

Halve the reactive capacitance value, and percentage listed above for 1uf. 1/4 the reactive capacitance, and percentage listed above for 2uf.

If one checks the value of the coupling and output capacitors in their components, one will be surprised how
small virtually all designers use. The smaller the value capacitors, the more compensation for other mistakes in the design. Db values add if multiple capacitors are used in a system. Something to think about.

I tested a much larger value, with 100 volt DC rating, and found the cap to be a little too full in the bottom. Initial impressions can sometimes be deceiving. I edited my initial post to reflect my initial mistake.

Cheers

steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version