Author Topic: New Grover ICs??  (Read 52588 times)

BillC

Re: New Grover ICs??
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 08:42:59 PM »
Today I sent out my "old" Grover S interconnects (RCA, 1.0m and 1.5m) to Grover for upgrade to the SC version.  I have a fairly electrically-noisy equipment area, so having improved shielding seemed like a good idea. 

I have to say that I miss the "old" S cables already...
I dropped Grover an email tonight letting him know they were coming, and below was his reply:

You won't be disappointed with the SC cable it's amazing. Best Regards, Grover

Grover has provided reliable guidance so far, so I am very much looking forward to the new cables. I probably should have upgraded one pair at a time so I could compare them, but packing equipment up for shipping is troublesome enough without having to do it twice... :roll:

I will report on the new cables when they arrive.

Bill

AcidJazz

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 09:58:11 PM »
I am also upgrading an 'extra' pair I had from the second group buy...so I will have both the SG and SC versions on hand to compare...sometime soon.

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 07:41:58 AM »
Have decided to hold off for now on upgrading the latest group buy, graphite ICs to the SC version. However, I'm interested in the impressions of any graphite IC owners who go for the SC upgrade. In advance, thanks.

Me too,

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 11:03:12 AM »
Ditto here... waiting for SC versions of my RCA and XLR ICs purchased in the group buy.

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
I have to say that I miss the "old" S cables already...
Bill
That's what I'm trying to avoid with the graphites, missing what's so good at the moment - my system never sounded so good. With a new GF, it's nice to have the Gover ICs in play.  8)
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »
Hmmm, things kinda quiet on the Grover front these days.... anyone get their 'SC' version ICs from Grover yet?   Hopefully I'll be getting mine soon but just wondered what the take is on them.

jrebman

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 01:44:16 PM »
It'll be interesting to hear what folks say.  I'm planning on sending my two graphites back, plus getting another 2 pair -- which means that I like them so they will be on all sources on both systems.

I read his patent the other day -- really interesting.  Obviously strays from conventional wisdom in at least one important way, but also a prime example of out-of-box thinking -- I like that :-).

-- Jim

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 04:36:56 PM »
There is an older patent, but the newer one I don't think is published yet, unless you have an inside line? ;)

jrebman

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »
Rich,

I thought the date I saw was something like August 18th of this year, but I could be wrong.  I was just googling to see if I could find a web site yet and came across it.

-- Jim

Offline richidoo

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 06:00:01 PM »
Oh, that's cool. I looked for it about 2 months ago and found an older one. If you come across the link again, I would love to read it!!
Thanks

jrebman

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007, 06:17:05 PM »
Rich,

My bad -- just went back and looked and it said August 2006.  Guess that's the old one.  It's still interesting though :-).

-- Jim

Offline richidoo

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2007, 06:45:01 PM »
Yup, I'm looking fwd to reading the new too. Good stuff

indelibo

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2007, 12:03:52 PM »
Sent in the cables Oct 3 and got the SCs today.  Black is back!

shaizada

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »
Does anyone have pictures they can share of these latest cables from Grover?

Thanks!

Bigfish8

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 05:02:12 AM »
Guys:

I would like to know if anyone has evaluated the latest Grover's versus the Graphites?  If so what changes in sound qualitites were realized?

Thanks,

Ken