Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Rythmic Servo Subs

<< < (3/3)

P.I.:

--- Quote from: DRN on June 03, 2023, 04:22:24 PM ---the Rythmic sounds very good. Using the Default settings supplied by Rythmic.
Much more to adjust and position but I hear no room nodes, in heavily treated room.

What outputs from my CM2 do I use?
Fixed or variable? Using variable now.

--- End quote ---
How much time do you have on them?  It has been my experience that the Rythmik and GR drives need at least 200 hours to really open up and translate the inner detail that makes effortless bass sound "right."  Brian did a good thing when he developed the sensing coil approach to control.

DRN:
Yes, I have read about the 200 hours in their literature on site.
I have only 8 hours on the sub. it came in Fri. My back is killing me!!

Variable or fixed output from the amp?

P.I.:

--- Quote from: DRN on June 04, 2023, 06:17:34 AM ---Yes, I have read about the 200 hours in their literature on site.
I have only 8 hours on the sub. it came in Fri. My back is killing me!!

Variable or fixed output from the amp?

--- End quote ---
Fixed.  It is a lot easier to just dial in the sub instead of juggling levels.  I'm always in favor of eliminating variables instead of chasing both ends.

As it loosens up, the apparent speed will get a lot better and inner detail will start to flesh out.

DRN:
Thx! That is where it is connected "Fixed". I thought the same, less in the path.
I'm sure I'll have more questions. You guys are TOPS!!!!!!!

Fritz Be go down to 35Htz so crossing over at around 50Htz.

S Clark:

--- Quote from: DRN on June 05, 2023, 07:40:06 AM ---Thx! That is where it is connected "Fixed". I thought the same, less in the path.
I'm sure I'll have more questions. You guys are TOPS!!!!!!!

Fritz Be go down to 35Htz so crossing over at around 50Htz.

--- End quote ---
There's not a lot of musical info below 35Hz.  You might want to set it around 100 or higher for break in purposes, even if it may sound a bit unbalanced.  Then after a few days, set it more to your liking. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version