Author Topic: Rave March 4th at Devore Fidelity MonkeyHaus  (Read 46888 times)

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
Re: Rave March 4th at Devore Fidelity MonkeyHaus
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 07:24:17 AM »
I was really looking forward to this, but sadly can't make it on the 4th. Maybe there will be a repeat visit...

Mike Fox

I'm sorry also. I really thought he would have given us more notice or set it at a later date.

So, who's gonna be there?

evan1

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 07:27:25 AM »
I was really looking forward to this, but sadly can't make it on the 4th. Maybe there will be a repeat visit...

Mike Fox

I'm sorry also. I really thought he would have given us more notice or set it at a later date.

So, who's gonna be there?

I am

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 09:49:33 AM »
I hope to make it and will bring a CD soundtrack.

Thank you for arranging this Evan!!!!!   :D

Jim
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »
Rats, I can't see me making this trip, have fun all.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 10:44:16 AM »
Friday rush hour driving from Long Island will kill this for me. But us LI'ers could take the LIRR to Flatbush Ave. What the best way to get to the Navy yards from there?

Hell, it's walkable in the early evening just up Navy St, but what about on the way back to the LIRR station later on at night? Safe?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:47:24 AM by BobM »
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »
Read the directions posted

System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

evan1

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 07:41:45 PM »
Friday rush hour driving from Long Island will kill this for me. But us LI'ers could take the LIRR to Flatbush Ave. What the best way to get to the Navy yards from there?

Hell, it's walkable in the early evening just up Navy St, but what about on the way back to the LIRR station later on at night? Safe?

It's safe but someone can drop you off

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »

Mike,

That's one of the MSS chicks isn't it?

Jim
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »
Jim,
The answer to your question would be a tasty YES!

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 09:24:22 AM »

By armed guard. Cab. Not the best of neighborhoods. Maybe the hookers can walk you there. Once in the Yard though all is well. Have fun.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 12:36:58 PM »

There's a map too.  Should be easy from the train stop to the Yard.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »

By armed guard. Cab. Not the best of neighborhoods. Maybe the hookers can walk you there. Once in the Yard though all is well. Have fun.

charles

I'm sure we'll be bunching up somehow.  Getting there should be still bright outside, nuuuu problem!  So, afterwards, walking by the numbers should be fine.

evan1

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »

charles

Charles that was 20 years ago

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 06:12:08 PM »

charles

Charles that was 20 years ago

+1, esp. with Evan guarding us!  He looks vicious enough to scare off any crazy idiot trying to scare us!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:14:52 PM by Barry (NJ) »

Offline Face

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »
FYI, last time I was at the Navy Yard(last year) they checked my ID at the gate, be sure to bring some sort of photo ID or license.