Author Topic: Are Ya All Ready For This  (Read 9763 times)

lonewolfny42

Re: Are Ya All Ready For This
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
Just heard back from John DeVore and he is going to set up a date for us in a few weeks at the Monkeyhaus.

Great....thanks Evan....should be fun...their good speakers... :thumb:

As for the new ones....notice the wave guide for the tweeter... 8)

Rich....Hope you make it up here .... :beer:

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 08:35:41 PM »
I hope Rich makes it up there also.. I certainly had a nice time with the mini-meet.. It's a good vibe you guys have going.. I'll make it up again one day.. just probably not this year.. new baby, work, school, etc... just too much!
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

evan1

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 12:08:22 AM »
Just heard back from John DeVore and he is going to set up a date for us in a few weeks at the Monkeyhaus.

Yes I did . I think when we get older we will have one sticking out of our ear and be saying " Eh what did you say sonny boy" :rofl:

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 03:04:37 AM »
Rich I was going to visit this place this week, In living Stereo. the Orangutans making their first stop

Please file your report asap

Just might head there Friday.............. :thumb:

Passed by the store last weekend.  Was it Sun., Sat.?  Think it was Sat. 'cos the little music store next door was open.  Looked through the windows and saw couple of nice pieces.  Then, looked through the entrance area, dark.... Nobody was around, I thought?!  Didn't see any moving object/person.....  Living Stereo has been there at least 4-5 years now?  That part of the street, since Tower went down the tube, looks very deserted, esp. now they're dugging up the street, etc..... I thought the company was out of business.  Obviously it's still "Living". :thumb:

Offline dnemzer

• Seeking Help
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 11:45:25 AM »
send out notice via yahoo group as well. I've been there a few times. great space, vinyl rules and his selection is really good. great host!

evan1

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 12:11:04 PM »
send out notice via yahoo group as well. I've been there a few times. great space, vinyl rules and his selection is really good. great host!

I will Dave , as soon as he gets back to me with a date

Offline Face

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 12:16:58 PM »

That speaker is probably closer to 93db.  https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_293&products_id=8475

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 02:52:54 PM »
That speaker is probably closer to 93db.  https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_293&products_id=8475

Thanks for the link Face. The tweeter's spec sheet shows FR peaking at 97dB in the crossover/presence range where it counts to I think it will make 96. It's not an objectivist's speaker, so rolling a couple dB in the top octave is usually desirable, especially with such a deep wave guide.  It will be fun to read the stereophile review which will test the specs. The silverback had some slight problems on the bench, but the sound was the design goal.