Author Topic: If anyone needs to contact me.  (Read 12331 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
If anyone needs to contact me.
« on: December 20, 2009, 06:01:35 PM »
I have been banned from AC for some reasons, some good , some bad, but nonetheless banned I am, so if anyone needs to contact me, they can do it here, by phone or email.

Thanks

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Bigfish8

Re: If anyone needs to contact me.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »
Mike:

Sorry to hear you have a ban over at AC but I look forward to reading your posts here at AN!

Ken

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 06:16:53 PM »
Thanks Ken'
Happy Holidays to you and your family

No big deal about the ban, it was for a good cause, sometimes you have to take the bullet

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Ecramer

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 06:41:39 PM »
Hey Mike

I think you were right way to much fan boy bullshit and not enough put your er to the music. you might have taken the MF knocks to personal but i would have too. MF hears what he hears i would not doubt his word but i would go listen for my self. there always better and ther is always worst.

Mike you have a pashon for music that i always find refreshing and a lack of tolerance for BS of i own this so it has to be good mentality

ed

for some reason you ran a foul of johnr and the rest is history

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 06:53:12 PM »
Ed , Thanks
I did listen for myself.
Bryston is too heavyhanded when it comes to these things, and James Tanner is there on AC to controll public opinion, that is what he is paid for,, damn he nearly has as many posts as Chris(lonewolf)
I offer you a glimpse of what is...take it, understand it...or leave it

Remember the movie the Matrix?

Ecramer

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 07:22:03 PM »
that's like trying to post something in ava forum unless you toe the line for get about it man. I like the stuff i own but i know there better and worse .

AcidJazz

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 08:37:27 PM »
Wow Mike, you have been burning some tires there my friend. Shit sure happens fast.
I just spent the last 20 minutes reading that Bryson thread...I almost never bother reading anything in that circle because I may never qualify as a possible client.

Today I was reading a mag on the train, a musician commented on the close-mindedness of some of his peers and the reviewers that cover them...suffice it to say that I was reminded of that article as I read that AC thread. Now I am quite familiar with this musician's work and many with whom he lamb-blasted, and felt he made a great point.

I doubt you will miss much with the ban, you can spend more time listening huh.  :lol:

Merry CHristmas/ Happy New year.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 09:24:37 PM »
I don't think your "banned" Mike.....you've been put into "Restricted mode".

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 07:36:07 AM »
I was relieved to read the review. Such hype, and nobody willing to say, "NO!!!!!!!" Yet another reason I admire MFs reviews. It matches my experience exactly. When I heard the 28Bs last year with full Bryston electronics setup by Bryston it felt suffocating so much feedback! 10 seconds was all I could stand. I can hear the music but not feel it. Why bother?

Mike, you are on "probation" at AC. You have to be a good doobie posting in your allowed circles for a time, then the cuffs come off.  Meantime, you can be nasty as you want over hear.

shep

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »
My two cents worth: I lurk over there to pick up tidbits but it really is quite unfortunate that AC has been virtually hijacked by the Salk crowd and the Bryston Boys, to name the most obvious. Must be very good for their business :evil:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:21:54 AM by shep »

Deton Nation

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »
Somehow I knew you would make a post... :) I think it was open season once the Bryston peeps started making personal insults to MF. Hes a nice guy and being honest with what he hears.

Ive listened to Bryston, the 4B ST with a AR Preamp (Tubed I believe) hooked to Thiel 2.4s and they sounded pretty darn good. An audio place that is now closed up.. off of Main Street near Babylon, NY.

But everyone has his opinion, and each circle shouldnt represent a minicult... but I guess thats how they turn out.

See you at the next rave!
Mike

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 02:49:07 PM »
Thanks everyone.
I knew I may get banned for what I said, but it had to be said, and Shep puts it correctly, AC has been hijacked by the cult crowd!

Honestly, AC had little to offer me lately, so I felt at ease saying what should be said, knowing full well that James Tanner would have me banned.
It used to be such a great place, but since it became a popular site it became corrupted.

Remember that little restaurant that was so great, people found out about it, it became popular and crowded, they expanded, and it all went to shit.

Happens all the time.

But can you imagine..a bruised ego over a bad review of a piece of gear, alot of peoples priorities are in the way wrong place!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great holiday...and see you all soon

Mike

Offline _Scotty_

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • “Sic transit gloria mundi”
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 03:55:30 PM »
 Mike, I think you wasted your time. When people "slavishly" adhere to one brand they avoid the mental effort required to consider alternatives. I have no problem with brand loyalty when it is the result of a well reasoned decision making process,its' the Koolaid drinking I have a problem with. Koolaid is powerful stuff which is why I think your comments will have no effect.
Scotty

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »
Sorry to hear about your situation Mike, it was bound to happen thou. I must have deleted a good half dozen post attempts in that thread, both in support for you and to address some of those obnoxious remarks that were being made by the fanboys. I did take the opportunity to address this type of behavior in a thread started by one of the fanboys. AFAIC, it's these individuals that need addressing.

But I do understand AC's actions, 1st it was the Salk fanboys and then the Bryston fanboys. You just can't be going into these Circles and stirring things up and not expect to generate a negative reaction. I'm sure you knew that going in so it is what it is.  :-#

Mike, unlike my "restricted" situation, I do feel that if you make a few nonissue posts at AC, you won't have to stay on the Restricted List for long. I doubt there's any agendas there against you like there has been with me(which is one of the reasons I didn't post in that bryston thread).

Just because no one was willing to stick their neck in your support doesn't mean we don't support what you were saying Mike but as is usually the case, there's some things that are better off not said in certain places. Hang in there buddy and have a great Holiday Season with your family. We'll see ya back on AC in full capacity real soon! :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 05:39:18 PM »
Thanks Robin!
I know I was supported in other ways...that's all that matters

Socrates had to drink the hemlock..he didn't have to, but it was a symbol.

Some may consider my banishment the result of my stupidity, I consider it a symbol.

It really is not a big deal. I am not the type to pussyfoot around if they let me back in, my fingers will hit the keyboard and it will start all over again, it is probably better for AC and myself to remain banished.

Thanks

Mike
Mike