Author Topic: Audiocircle is down  (Read 31692 times)

Ecramer

Re: Audiocircle is down
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 07:38:23 PM »
I asked that 12 hours ago and still have not got an answer. Surprised though we havent heard from any of the power to be over at AC

ED

Table './angophora_audiocircle_main/smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Since I'm not a "computer geek"....

....what would cause that to happen ?

AcidJazz

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »
A virus...bad checksum/code...worms...human error...and yeah, the pacman coulda' eaten them all alive, like he did to Cotto last night.   :rofl:
Pick your poison.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:46:28 PM by AcidJazz »

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 07:45:36 PM »
I asked that 12 hours ago and still have not got an answer. Surprised though we havent heard from any of the power to be over at AC

ED

Table './angophora_audiocircle_main/smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Since I'm not a "computer geek"....

....what would cause that to happen ?

Guess the Executive Council are on the same "need to know" list as the rest of us ACre's.  [-(

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:47:30 PM by satfrat »
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

lonewolfny42

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2009, 07:47:03 PM »
When I "read" crash....I think of a hard drive crashing....
........ but luckily...never have experienced that... :shock:

(knock on wood)

AcidJazz

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 08:06:37 PM »
What about the blue screen of death?  :lol:

pmkap

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 08:10:22 PM »
I know for a fact that Wes traveled last week to meet with some Roosh'n weird engineering types. Mebbee he got those sneaky bastards to put the CyberHex on AudioCircle.
As this conjecture has the most tenuous connection to reality, its perfect for speading as an internet rumor.

-Paul

lonewolfny42

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 08:20:50 PM »
A CyberHex ....hmmmm....you may be right Paul... :duh

shep

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2009, 12:13:17 AM »
Bummer for them. It's got to be serious. I don't know what server they use but it must have crashed big-time or is down for some serious maintenance. If the whole lot of them migrate here then this one will probably go on over-load as well. Carl you ready for this? I don't think I can take it if I suddenly see hundreds of Bryston postings  :duh

Offline satfrat

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2009, 01:42:59 AM »
Bummer for them. It's got to be serious. I don't know what server they use but it must have crashed big-time or is down for some serious maintenance. If the whole lot of them migrate here then this one will probably go on over-load as well. Carl you ready for this? I don't think I can take it if I suddenly see hundreds of Bryston postings  :duh

Don't forget the thousands of Salk veneer lovin' posts also.  :thumb:
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Ecramer

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2009, 01:56:18 AM »
I see that things havent changed any thismornig,. Satfrat you still up.

ED

Offline satfrat

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »

ED

Yep, I'm an allniter Ed,, later than Chris even. It's a habit I picked up from 35 years on 2nd shift. It's a good habit as the music always sounds best after midnite.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

shep

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 02:08:59 AM »
Yeah forgot about the Salk veneer! I'm sure there are others I'd prefer to forget for a while. Having said this, I'm a savage lurker on AC and it's very useful for tidbits and the occasional bout of drama...

Ecramer

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2009, 02:27:57 AM »
I have to agree with you abou the music. I was on second shift for a couple of years and i always had better listening when i got home from work at 12:30 then during the early evenings

ED

ED

Yep, I'm an allniter Ed,, later than Chris even. It's a habit I picked up from 35 years on 2nd shift. It's a good habit as the music always sounds best after midnite.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 05:41:37 AM »
I saw it down on saturday, but it still isn't up this morning (Monday). You know it may not be a server issue - maybe John R just blew a fuse.  :o

But seriously, I hope the site is recoverable. There was a lot of good going on recently and interest started picking up again over there. At least we still have AN to let us talk to each other.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Deton Nation

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 06:22:12 AM »
I heard topround sent John R a 4 lb head cheese. There are repercussions for these kinds of acts!!!!!
M