Author Topic: Welcome to the new NY Rave Forum  (Read 29867 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Welcome to the new NY Rave Forum
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 08:07:38 AM »
Rollo
You must have been raised in Queens.
I'm talking' Bronx Stickball :D

Born in Brooklyn. He WTF yous want a game wees will bring da bat you bring da ball. OOH Fa. Hey I'm a 2 sewer man with street stickball.
  Ju know I'm berry berry happy to be here. Beisball is my life. Ju know da Bronx smells. Play paddleball ? Played many a tournament on Zerega Ave and Cooms Dam Park. Us Brooklyn boys smoked em.
   Heck why don't we just fill the cooler with Stella and talk a good game. Na a Brooklyn boy never runs.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mikef

• Seeking Help
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »
Hey, here's where you guys went to!

I grew up playing stickball in the Bronx, and we played in the schoolyard against a wall with a strike zone drawn in chalk behind the batter. If the ball had chalk on it, it was a strike. There was no running; base hits were called for the distance the ball travelled. I don't remember all the details (it was almost 45 years ago!) but I do remember that reaching the roof of the buildings across the street was an automatic home run, and at least a 10 minute trip to retrieve the Spalding ball.

Mike Fox

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »
Yeah Wes sure went down in flames of glory that's for sure.

But I still feel that it's John Rs site and he gets it the way he wants it to be.

He never promised me a rose garden...

Ecramer

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »
Damn go away for a couple of days an AC goes all to hell, Cant trust you new yorkers with a bowling ball least you try to grow hair on it or fill the finger holes with some nasty substance

Ed

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 02:31:47 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »
Leave the gun

take the cannolis
Being from Brooklyn
We also played stoop ball and skulzy(spelling?) or was it skully, the game with the bottle caps filled with melted crayons, and sometimes a penney melted in there for extra weight.

We had the best bread too :drool:

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Deton Nation

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 03:42:39 PM »
So Mike How did the Vandy 7s sound?
And this is Mike C, not Mike M. Your humpy pal. ;)

Mike

fijinz-all

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »
So Mike How did the Vandy 7s sound?
And this is Mike C, not Mike M. Your humpy pal. ;)

Mike

I thought the 7 is fantastic, simply for the fantastic spatiality.  I was amazed at the way I could sense much better the positioning of the singer, the instrumentalists.... in the soundstage.  Nobody was able to play his/own music, so can't say much further.  Great speaker, tho at $45K, I'd have to wait for the Mega Millions jackpot Tuesday at least.  All that effort Mr. V. spent in developing it, it's worth every penny, he said.  I would seriously consider it if I have the dough.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
I did not get to hear them sadly enough.
The room was very crowded and very hot and humid from what I could see as people gasped for air as they left :rofl:
I peeked my head in and took a look and it sounded real good, but I honestly cannot say really what they sounded like.
My two boys were with me and they were getting bored and acting up, so I had to leave.
I may get a chance this week to get up close and personal with them.

MikeM, glad to hear from you, next time we meet I would love to go for a ride in your Mazdaspeed 3 , no funny comments please .
My friend had the speed6 and that was a blast the 3 is even faster.

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

maxwalrath

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »
Yeah Wes sure went down in flames of glory that's for sure.

I looked around AC and couldn't find the offending post.  Anyone know where it is / archive it?  I hate to miss someone going down in flames of glory!

Max

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2009, 07:01:20 PM »
> HERE <...... I think.

maxwalrath

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »
Thanks Bob

thechairguy

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 07:24:02 AM »
Wow, that was a notable exit there :rofl:

Good luck in your 2nd home my NY beetches ;)

Ooof, it is freeing to speak the way I've been raised - I find I have to regularly temper my NY-originated personality for consumption elsewhere.

Regards, John

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 10:48:07 AM »
Aint it a beech hey. Nobody nobody makes bread or pizza like Broolyn.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
Hey John!
I know the feeling. Raised in New Haven, now living in the bible belt. The old Jehova's Witness man next door brings up politics and my f bombs start flying. It's embarrassing.   I know he was a musician in the Navy so it's OK.