Author Topic: Any DCCA owners out there?  (Read 3304 times)

hartwerger

Any DCCA owners out there?
« on: August 20, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »
I just picked up the Powerwave power cord from DCCA. Just wondering what to expect from the break in process. Do DCCA cords sound good out of the box but better after break in? or are they unlistenable until they're broken in? Although I had one electronic item that accepted an IEC that I've used in the past to break in power cords, this item won't work in this situation and I don't have anything else to use. Before I go through the trouble of finding something else with an IEC connection to use, just trying to find out how necessary it is. If I can just plug it into my system and sit back and enjoy, that's fine, but if I have to suffer for many many hours, I'd like to know becaue this is not the best time for me to breaking in a cable in the system itself (too complicated to explain why right now). Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Any DCCA owners out there?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:40:13 PM »
I thought Don at DCCA burns these in ahead of time...    While most cords do improve with burnin, when I tried one of Don's cords quite awhile back (can't remember which one), I recall it was pretty nice right out of the box.

Good luck!