Author Topic: Slinkylinks  (Read 3853 times)

denjo

Slinkylinks
« on: August 18, 2007, 08:43:24 PM »
Hey Guys

I recently tried a pair of Slinkylinks interconnects (RCA) between my pre and power and could not believe the level of improvement the cables made over my excellent Reality cables!! The Slinkylinks hail from kiwi land and look like some plastic tubing with see-through pure silver strands, no shielding other than the tubing! I was initially a bit hesitant to try silver cables since my Bent Audio TAP preamp already has several metre runs of silver in the pair of transformers. There were no streotypical "harsh" or "sharp" sounds, just a very organic presentation of the musical tapestry. High-hats and cymbals and bells were the most believably portartayed, so much that they startle with their palpable realness. There was such a harmonic richness to the whole soundscape, I cannot describe in words. I am still in awe at what a pair of ICs can do to my system. The midrange is the best I have heard in my system. Bass is tight and definable, not wooly and loose. I could follow bass lines of music quite easily with the Slinkylinks.

I then took the Slinkylinks out of the pre and power and connected it between my Altmann Attraction DAC and pre but unfortunately hum was audibly present, suggesting that the "bare" Slinkylinks were picking up quite a bit of stray RFI/EMI from my naked DAC. It was "no-go" in this combo so back the Slinkylinks went between the pre and power and the magic was restored.

I am still going to spend the next few days on further listening tests. So far, I am very impressed with the Slinkylinks.

Black Sand Cable

Re: Slinkylinks
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:08 AM »
Hey Dennis!

Nice to see you here!  :D

denjo

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »
Hi John

Thanks for the tip to join this circle! 8)

Best Regards
Dennis

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 10:20:31 PM »
Hey Dennis
Just got home from a trip and noticed your post. Glad to have you here!
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

denjo

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 12:42:06 AM »
Hi Nick

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! Hope you are keeping well!  :)

Best Regards
Dennis