Systemic Development > Analog Devices

Phono stage advice and opinions needed...

<< < (2/5) > >>

bpape:
Thanks for the input.  I'll add Tavish to the list.  People seem to just love it and it sounds like what I'm looking for - thoughts?

Charles, anything special on the power supply?

toobluvr:
I have owned the Vista.  Excellent for the $$.

I currently own the Tavish Vintage 6SL7,  JuicyMusic Tercel Mk2,  and Blue Circle BC27-pi.   All can be had used in the 500 to 700 dollar range.   All handle both MM and MC.   I recommend all these units without hesitation.

The Juicy might be a bit tough to find now that Mark Dineen is no longer in the game.  A few years ago I'd see them fairly frequently on the used markets, but I think guys have figured out just how good they are and are holding onto them.  Same thing with the JM preamps (Blueberry, Peach and Merlin).   I also own the Blueberry Xtreme.

rollo:

--- Quote from: bpape on February 28, 2020, 12:06:56 PM ---Thanks for the input.  I'll add Tavish to the list.  People seem to just love it and it sounds like what I'm looking for - thoughts?

Charles, anything special on the power supply?

--- End quote ---

Brian just any good linear supply.

charles

bpape:
Thanks all.  Tried to look at the Juicy Music but looks like the site has been hacked.  Can't get anywhere and antivirus flagged a redirect virus.  Got any deeper links or contact info?

toobluvr:
JM is out of business so new is not possible.  Used is the only option. 

Go to the Klipsch forum, the guys over there love the JM stuff.  On that board I see more posts discussing it and FS ads than anywhere else. 

Search on "juicy music" (with the quotes) and 33 pages returns, including some recent FS ads.

Mark (JM designer / builder) used to post over there frequently under the name "mdeneen"  but somehow all his posts have disappeared.....wiped clean....only hint of his existence is follow-up posts quoting his posts.  I'm not familiar with that board so I don't know how that happens.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version