Author Topic: Revel Performa3  (Read 22910 times)

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Revel Performa3
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »
Hi Mike.

I'm liking the 206s a lot- Are they better than the von's hard to say. The Revels are a better match for my room size-wise. Revs are more revealing and have more presence.

The 208s can make the basis of a really impressive system if fed right.

-Mike

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 10:02:39 AM »

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 08:02:13 AM »
The reviewer (Erick Licthe) is clearly a Revel fan, which I can appreciate... as I am too.  I definitely appreciated his mention of the F30 since I had one, specifically about the bass.  There is no replacement for displacement as they say.. I still don't understand why they can't make a flagship Performa with a 10 or 12" driver integrated into the setup.  That's what everyone fell in love with in the 70's and 80's as hifi emerged.. then something happened and we got multiple small drivers in consumer, mid-fi, and hi-fi markets... Are we STILL amazed at how much (shitty) sound we can get out of a small speaker?  Anyway, that's a digression... and is likely me just being annoyed with myself not buying these new Performa3 speakers already.

It'll be a while but I'm going to save up for them and buy them without selling my Piega's... could be my Christmas present to myself.  That's the only way I know how to do a long term comparison, in my room.  I'm pretty sure I can improve them a bit as well with minor changes. (new binding posts for 1)  The Performa line is known for using low grade binding posts.

Thanks for posting.. a little birdie sent me that review link when it came out and it got my juices flowing again... They really are fine speakers.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.