Author Topic: Two custom speaker builds in the works  (Read 13683 times)

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Response Audio
Re: Two custom speaker builds in the works
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
You are absolutley correct. Although my comments still hold true and they are starting to sound pretty good.
Obviously,  these are not and never will be production speakers. I could have had the spacing a bit closer :duh

I do have one more pair of these woofers on hand. Maybe they can be used for a smaller two way for closer listening.
Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
Custom Vacuum Tube Deaign
www.ResponseAudioNY.com

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Response Audio
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 08:06:52 AM »
I just wanted to follow up on this thread as I came across it again when seeing someone viewing it. The first pair of speakers mentioned are still used today due to their high efficiency. A medium power (250 watt) Class D Hybrid amp is used on a regular basis for them.

The second pair of speakers never happened. All the drivers are in a box and stored due to the move.

At this point, it will be some time before I can build cabinets in-house so looking at a pair of Fostex based kits and eyeing the BK-16 or BK-20 from Madisound. I have become very fond of single driver systems (with the addition of a quality tweeter).
Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
www.ResponseAudioNY.com

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Response Audio
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2014, 08:40:43 PM »
Just came across this thread again. For the record, I am still using these high effeciency speakers.  They have been used to test equipment ranging from $500 - $50,000 preamps and amps and still used today.
I do still plan on building a reference pair of speakers but have to wait to time allows. Till then, the design will remain pined to the wall above my desk :D
Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
www.ResponseAudioNY.com