Author Topic: Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen.III speakers with 2012 Upgrade  (Read 21093 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen.III speakers with 2012 Upgrade
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 07:16:24 AM »
  If one would like to speed up the break-in process. Place speakers about 2" apart with driver facing each other. Wire one speaker out of phase. The drivers will pull each other in and out. Very affective.  Those surrounds need to loosen up. The voicecoils have mucho wire and need time as well.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
  If one would like to speed up the break-in process. Place speakers about 2" apart with driver facing each other. Wire one speaker out of phase. The drivers will pull each other in and out. Very affective.  Those surrounds need to loosen up. The voicecoils have mucho wire and need time as well.

charles

Thanks, Charles!

Maybe I should sit between the two speakers facing one another like that and tell Cathi that they're new headphones!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 07:49:09 PM »
Charles, that did in fact work for me using any number sample cd's and the Ayre " Irrational But Efficacious! system enhancement disc. Pretty effective IMHO.

Henry
"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:23 AM »
Charles, that did in fact work for me using any number sample cd's and the Ayre " Irrational But Efficacious! system enhancement disc. Pretty effective IMHO.

Henry

Henry that Ayre disc is a great help. Especially the demag track before any serious listening. At least once a month.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »
Charles, I agree. Still trying to figure out just how this thing work.
Henry
"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare