Author Topic: Treating Mullard gold tube pins  (Read 2911 times)

Offline henrylr

• Seeking Help
Treating Mullard gold tube pins
« on: December 20, 2021, 08:37:50 AM »
Just got my NOS Mullard CV2493 KQDD/K tubes and am ready to install them in my Audible Illusions M3A. Would it be a good idea to brush some Deoxit D-series D100L on the gold pins prior to installation?
Thanks

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: Treating Mullard gold tube pins
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 09:31:55 PM »
Clean is always good, but D100 is a heavy duty cleaner that might be more than you need of new gold plated pins.

I clean on a regular basis and usually use the Deoxit  G series (formerly call ProGold)  https://caig.com/deoxit-gold-g-series/

From the Deoxit web site:
"DeoxIT® D-Series is a general purpose cleaner, for all metal surfaces with oxidation and corrosion. If there is a discoloration of the metal (visual signs of oxidation/corrosion) – it is considered oxidized. Use DeoxIT® D-Series to dissolve contamination, improve the connection as well as lubricate and protect the surface.

For reference, DeoxIT® has approximately 20% cleaning action.

NOTE: For plated surfaces (gold and other precious metals) or severe environments refer to the DeoxIT® Gold G-Series and DeoxIT® Shield S-Series, respectively."
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Treating Mullard gold tube pins
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 12:40:42 PM »
 I would clean sockets with Deoxit product. For pins same Just make sure all dry before turning on.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.